X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
    Dr. Quest, thank you for linking the elastic method. That's how my vintage Torak is repaired.
    It's very simple and very cheap... The Joes stand and pose very well.
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by RonnyG
      I didn't realize that there is a neck post stuck inside his head!!!
      It's really stuck inside. I will try and see if I can get it out first without damaging him before I start purchasing the other tools needed.
      I'm not sure how to suggest to remove the post with a flocked head. With a painted head, I warm the head with hot water and pop the post out. But hot water will potentially ruin the flocking.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• drquest
        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
        • Apr 17, 2012

Take a thin blade screwdriver or thin small knife and just put it on the edge of the neck post and work it around the perimeter of the neck post and it will loosen up and you can pull it out with needle nose pliers.
        Danny(Drquest)
        Captain Action HQ
        Retro shirts and stuff
        More retro shirts
        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• KOMonger
          Banned
          • Feb 17, 2015

... I spent some extra money getting a rivet press, ....
          I have several KO figures that could use re-riveting of their knees or feet, come to think of it maybe even a Captain Action or two. Any recommendations for one or will they pretty much work the same?

Edit: I've looked into these before and just took a quick look again. It's difficult to determine what's appropriate for our use by looking at these. I don't want to get anything larger than what I would use it for.
          Last edited by KOMonger; Aug 4, '18, 4:55 PM.

Comment

• RonnyG
            Career Member
            • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by drquest
            Take a thin blade screwdriver or thin small knife and just put it on the edge of the neck post and work it around the perimeter of the neck post and it will loosen up and you can pull it out with needle nose pliers.
            I'll be damned! It worked! Thanks! I used the small blade on my fingernail clippers and the nose pliers! Now on to step 2.

Comment

• drquest
              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
              • Apr 17, 2012

I'll be damned! It worked! Thanks! I used the small blade on my fingernail clippers and the nose pliers! Now on to step 2.
              Glad it worked! Now I must admit I'm going to need to see a picture of your "nose pliers".

I'm not sure I'm familiar with that item.
              Danny(Drquest)
              Captain Action HQ
              Retro shirts and stuff
              More retro shirts
              Stuff For Sale

Comment

• KOMonger
                Banned
                • Feb 17, 2015

Originally posted by drquest
                Glad it worked! Now I must admit I'm going to need to see a picture of your "nose pliers".

I'm not sure I'm familiar with that item.
                Ha ha. At first I thought, ouch!, and then eww, clean them first. (I know he means needle nose pliers.)

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by KOMonger
                  I have several KO figures that could use re-riveting of their knees or feet, come to think of it maybe even a Captain Action or two. Any recommendations for one or will they pretty much work the same?

Edit: I've looked into these before and just took a quick look again. It's difficult to determine what's appropriate for our use by looking at these. I don't want to get anything larger than what I would use it for.
                  I ordered mine off of ebay (Pony brand) and it was expensive. I had to choose a die set with it that fit the rivets I was using. but I still think it has some versatility for the repairs you describe. My press is 5.5" by 5", perfect IMO for Joes and T1 Megos.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• RonnyG
                    Career Member
                    • Apr 23, 2014

When you suggested needle nose pliers, I thought you were talking about a nose hair tweezer! lol I mean eyebrow tweezer! lol
                    I don't own a needle nose plier. I grabbed the neck post with the nose tweezers and pulled it out that way. Luckily, I didn't cause any damage.
                    Oh boy, I think I'm in trouble going forward. lol
                    Last edited by RonnyG; Aug 4, '18, 5:19 PM.

Comment

• KOMonger
                      Banned
                      • Feb 17, 2015

When you suggested needle nose pliers, I thought you were talking about a nose hair tweezer! lol I mean eyebrow tweezer! lol
                      I don't own a needle nose plier. I grabbed the neck post with the nose tweezers and pulled it out that way. Luckily, I didn't cause any damage.
                      Oh boy, I think I'm in trouble going forward. lol
                      Ha ha, this is too funny! I'm glad the plastic didn't tear on you.

Comment

• KOMonger
                        Banned
                        • Feb 17, 2015

I ordered mine off of ebay (Pony brand) and it was expensive. I had to choose a die set with it that fit the rivets I was using. but I still think it has some versatility for the repairs you describe. My press is 5.5" by 5", perfect IMO for Joes and T1 Megos.
                        Thanks for the great tips! Do you bolt it down to a worktable for your needs? It sounds like it might be small enough not to require it.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

It is small but heavy, but I did not need to bolt it to work on the Joe elbows. It can be secured, though.

Comment

• KOMonger
                            Banned
                            • Feb 17, 2015

It is small but heavy, but I did not need to bolt it to work on the Joe elbows. It can be secured, though.
                            Good info, again, thank you!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

You're welcome.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                                galactic yo-yo
                                • Apr 6, 2006

If you have to check out Toy Polloi's videos on YouTube. He shows you how to fix the later run Action Man. I would imagine it would be quite similar to fixing a Joe Muscle Body.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎