Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: HELP!!! My GI JOE Needs Repair!

Looks great!!! Congrats on doing it yourself!

Images
    I'll have to keep all of these methods in mind when I go to repair my Bulletman. Just picked one up for $50,minus his right arm. Left arm is in pieces.

Images

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jwyblejr View Post
    Thanks for the link. That was interesting. I did see those kits for sale, and wondered how they worked, so this video was useful. I do think you'll get a better range of movement in his arms doing it this way, but you have to break him open, which I don't like, plus the kit costs a little more than a the elastic cord method. Funny that he still used his own elastic for the head instead of the one provided in the kit.

Images
    More than likely he's use to doing that method from having to put back on Action Man heads. Plus with the restring kit,there's a little metal tube you have to pull the elastic through and then crimp it shut.

Images
    Giving this a bump to let everyone know I found another way to remove the elbow rivet. It takes a little bit longer but you can just use a long round metal file. I know in the repair kits that Cotswolds sells it says to use a pair of wire cutters and if they don't fit,file them down. Then I thought "why not just file the elbow rivet ?"

Quote Originally Posted by jwyblejr View Post
    Giving this a bump to let everyone know I found another way to remove the elbow rivet. It takes a little bit longer but you can just use a long round metal file. I know in the repair kits that Cotswolds sells it says to use a pair of wire cutters and if they don't fit,file them down. Then I thought "why not just file the elbow rivet ?"
    To be honest I have never been happy cutting the elbow rivet. I have removed rivet and just put it back. I have also used original Gijoe pegs cut a small narrow V slit and put onto existing rivet