Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HELP!!! My GI JOE Needs Repair!

Here is how I do the repairs. Some elastic, buttons, sucker stick, and pegs. This is a Europe version the round disk at waist is not on USA. No cutting of rivit. Do a small "V" cut on side of peg and it pops on.This figure has broken neck peg but can be easily fixed.
    IMG_2959 by edtime5, on Flickr

Images
    I'm always worried about splitting the arms and torso open and they you have to re-glue it all back together.

Images
    ^It's not easy, let me tell you. I did a "factory" reassembly of Bulletman and worrying about damaging the chrome was nerve-wracking. I ended up combining US and Palitoy versions.

BTW Ed, what a nice figure, it's new to me.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Aug 9, '18 at 3:40 PM.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    is that the action team indian?

Images
    Is that it, it would make a great custom barbarian or such. Action Team--German?
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Figure is Action Team Indian figure. Was also made for Group Action Joe/Action Joe line in France. Wig comes off just barely glued on.

The USA muscle body chest is not heat sealed unlike some of the Aussie(Toltoys), and some later versions of Group Action Joe that are head sealed. USA Joes are super easy to crack and stay together. The only tricky bits are the biceps. Biceps need to be clamped while glue dries. I prefer Zap a Cap over crazy glue it seems stronger.

You don't need to crack open anything you can still restring Joe with elastic leaving all sealed if you choose. Used to be posted on Oldjoe Infirmary. Use The Wayback Machine and copy instructions. Go back 5 years? I did it with nothing more than a paperclip and elastic before reading his tutorial.

I have been silent for years but this has been driving me nuts. I think I am going to make a You Tube video on how easy a fix this is. Since selling my collection I haven't had the figures to demonstrate but I have them now. I used to believe that telling everyone how you fix things ruins the fun of discovering on your own. Megomuseum has given me a different view that helping each other is the best way for everyone to have fun. Not everyone wants to tinker and find solutions, they just want it fixed ASAP.

Cottswald Muscle body repair kits you have hard plastic joints to replace the crumbling originals for $16-20 and Joe looks great on your shelf.

Oh Yeah! Toy Poloi has many great repairs on You Tube for Action Man, Mego, Micronauts, Star Wars ect. repairs worth checking out.

Images
    I posted up the elastic method up earlier in this thread, not as tight, but it does save popping the rivets and cracking them open, but these methods certainly should last a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by drquest View Post
    I posted up the elastic method up earlier in this thread, not as tight, but it does save popping the rivets and cracking them open, but these methods certainly should last a long time.
    I think your right. I have the figure in my head that the elastic lasts for about 20 years. Not a perfect solution but easy. You can use the elastic method with pegs on the elbows. The pegs don't have to be anchored to work. The elastic around the rivit keeps it in place and the peg makes it more poseable.