X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

FTC Skinny Body Re-String Attempts

Anyone find a successful way to restring the FTC Skinny bod for more posability?
  • Ivaniski
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 24, 2007

I've tried...However, no friction near the pelvis and upper torso area. The plastic is too smooth.

Comment

• KOMonger
      Banned
      • Feb 17, 2015

Originally posted by Ivaniski
      I've tried...However, no friction near the pelvis and upper torso area. The plastic is too smooth.
      Wait. It will be awhile before I can try this, but you're saying the ability to pose the arms and legs (your slot technique is awesome, BTW) is hindered by the smooth hip/torso section? I thought the magic for the arms was in those grooves/slots at the top of the arm.

Edit: Is it because the waist is too narrow and pulls too aggresively on the bands?
      Last edited by KOMonger; Aug 4, '18, 5:09 PM.

Comment

• Ivaniski
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 24, 2007

The serrated lines in the arm loops will work on any body. However, it's no fun unless you get friction (in pelvic area) in order to pose the legs freely due to the plastic being too smooth in leg area near lower torso. The Classic TV toys body is my least favorite to Re-string due to the aforementioned.
        Last edited by Ivaniski; Aug 4, '18, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Ivaniski
          The serrated lines in the arm loops will work on any body. However, it's no fun unless you get friction (in pelvic area) in order to pose the legs freely. The Classic TV toys body is my least favorite to Re-string due to the aforementioned.
          Switch the pelvis with classic Mego?

Comment

• Ivaniski
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by hedrap
            Switch the pelvis with classic Mego?
            You are 1000% correct my friend, for those who want to Kit-bash the Classic tv pelvis with classic Mego pelvis...I believe it will work...Keep in mind you may have to switch to the Classic Mego legs. Because, CTVT legs' plastic are too smooth, to get that good friction i'm talking about. I'm (this is just me) not a fan of those CTVT bodies anymore...again that's just me.
            Last edited by Ivaniski; Aug 4, '18, 11:33 PM.

Comment

• KOMonger
              Banned
              • Feb 17, 2015

CTVT's website offer even more bodies used by CTVT/FTC figures but
              there are three different body types mentioned above:

Skinny body *This is newer body for Shaggy, TV Batman Alfred etc.
              Regular body (8 inch made in India) *Old original CTVT figures
              Regular body (8 inch made in China) *Currently used among various others such as 7.5 inch body (Kiss, Korak), muscular deluxe body, fist-fighting, etc.

So only Regular China body works out good? Which of these have you had a chance to test? I'm curious about the muscular body and fist-fighting, too.

Comment

• Arthur Junior
                • Dec 12, 2018

I was thinking about getting this female body from and then sanding the bust down to a plain chest. Not sure if it is the best idea...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

you can wrap the hip ball on the leg in florist tape
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎