X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • comicmike
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by danadoll
    I've been actually, contemplating putting together an Invisible Girl/Woman (& more of the FF), but my issue with that is finding body suits that all match in blue. The female blues all seem different to the male suits blues, none of them seem the same (which kind of sucks).

I'm not the biggest Fantastic Four fan, but something seems to be drawing me to do it, however...I can't and won't do it, if I can't match their costumes...it'll drive my OCD nuts. :P

Dana
    I'm like that too,even with Star Trek figures. I totally get you. Thank goodness Batman and Batgirl's core grey colors are different.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 29, 2018

Maybe it's more work than you're interested in but I could see turning the male suit inside out and stitching it tighter all the way around. Then trim off the excess.

Comment

• danadoll
        Micronaut Nut!
        • Apr 11, 2005

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
        Maybe it's more work than you're interested in but I could see turning the male suit inside out and stitching it tighter all the way around. Then trim off the excess.
        I've been thinking about it, LOL!

Dana
        "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Megotastrophe
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 29, 2018

i used to do that with the old ctvt suits with the dropped crotch. worked great. and at least the colors would match.

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

Used some of the parts for a fresh Isis, but wound up using an original head. If the CTVT head had the correct eye paint, I'd be snatching up multiples of those heads. The eyes made her look more mature than the standard heads.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

^So true. I've always admired the vintage Isis eye detailing. Copies could serve well for many customs: Morgan LeFay, Marvel's Enchantress, Paula van Gunther, Talia.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• scott metzger
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                ^So true. I've always admired the vintage Isis eye detailing. Copies could serve well for many customs: Morgan LeFay, Marvel's Enchantress, Paula van Gunther, Talia.
                I've used an Isis head for Wonder Woman since the figures were actually on the pegs; got an extra Isis back in the day for just that purpose. I still use that same exact figure as my Wonder Woman to this day.

Comment

• JediJaida
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 14, 2008

I agree. The eye makeup made her look more mature than WW's face did, even if she had a tiara.
                  JediJaida

Comment

• JWLJN
                    Veteran Member
                    • May 7, 2013

From the outfit itself, would the parts around the neck and midsection be easily removable? I’m thinking of picking up the outfit for another idea but just need the white elements.

-J\/\/
                    http://wrestlingmemorabilia.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/JWsWrestlingMemorabilia

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, I think a seam-ripper would easily detach the collar and belt.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• JWLJN
                        Veteran Member
                        • May 7, 2013

Thanks! Just placed an order to complete that project as well as another.
                        http://wrestlingmemorabilia.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/JWsWrestlingMemorabilia

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎