X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Loving my super fresh CTVT Isis figure.

I guess they couldn't get a license but they have every piece on the a la carte menu at ctvt...with a free skeleton figure.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I think they did a fantastic job with the "goddess" parts. One can even change the boots to match the comic and show.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 29, 2018

It's perfect imho...

Comment

• OCSuperman
        Museum Patron
        • Sep 4, 2014

I've been thinking of buying these ... is the head easy to connect to the body? Which female body do you think works best ... non articulated or articulated?

Even though the original had black hair, I'm liking the brown hair to match the Mighty Isis comic version.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I used a vintage articulated body and added vintage WOz Dorothy panties.

I didn't find the head difficult to attach, though it is a little firmer than vintage. You twist and push the neck plug into the head; try tilting it in at and angle to get it started.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 29, 2018

Comment

• OCSuperman
              Museum Patron
              • Sep 4, 2014

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              I used a vintage articulated body and added vintage WOz Dorothy panties.

I didn't find the head difficult to attach, though it is a little firmer than vintage. You twist and push the neck plug into the head; try tilting it in at and angle to get it started.
              Thanks! She is def a fun fig to be able to put together.

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

Also, try dipping the head into hot water.

Put water into a cup, microwave for 10 seconds. Then remove head and put it onto the neck post. It's easier when the head is squishy and warm.
                JediJaida

Comment

• tllgn
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 6, 2010

i also love this isis by figures toy company .i built up a couple and since one extra outfit i got was a little messed up ,i cut out the isis insignia from the collar ,and added it to the waist belt ,like you
                  see in the show ,makes her even more stunning .i still want a joanna sculpt someday either from FTC or Mego corp .

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

That is a great idea for extra detail.

Comment

• wise guy
                      Career Member
                      • Dec 29, 2014

This is a really cool way to get Isis and I also made golden age Isis with blonde hair
                      and sword.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jun 29, 2018

I have a gold paint pen. I might do this on a piece of vinyl and then glue it on.

Comment

• Steeler80
                          Mayor of Strunk
                          • Jun 29, 2001

Late to the party, as usual, but I got all the stuff to put together an Isis. As has been said, a really good figure to put together and all the stuff was good quality. I didn't know Figures sold the Dorothy panties so I found an original Isis pair on eBay (and yes, that produces an odd feeling to say I got a pair of used Isis panties on eBay). Since I've gotten back into collecting these figures, I'm a completist in wanting to have the figures, but Isis isn't high on my list so this repro fits the bill nicely. I think I'm going to build an Invisible Girl next until I can track down a good condition original.

Anyone know where I can get the appropriate emblem for IG? I used to have a repro set around here somewhere but who knows where that's gotten to.
                          Last edited by Steeler80; Oct 9, '18, 1:20 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Try LaserMego (member pmwasson) for the emblem--he has a huge variety of excellent vinyl stickers.

Comment

• danadoll
                              Micronaut Nut!
                              • Apr 11, 2005

I've been actually, contemplating putting together an Invisible Girl/Woman (& more of the FF), but my issue with that is finding body suits that all match in blue. The female blues all seem different to the male suits blues, none of them seem the same (which kind of sucks).

I'm not the biggest Fantastic Four fan, but something seems to be drawing me to do it, however...I can't and won't do it, if I can't match their costumes...it'll drive my OCD nuts. :P

Dana
                              "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎