X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

I really want this one.

Last edited by LonnieFisher; Aug 5, '18, 11:49 PM.

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

Shame those coffins are so expensive.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
        One eyed, wonder
        • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
        I think the Mummy picture is photoshopped. I don't think it's an accurate depiction.

Denial, is the best way to go. Just don't believe your eyes. Ignore me, and make up your own mind. Pttttt! photoshopped. Just keep dreaming.

Comment

• Cornelius POTA
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2011

Originally posted by KOMonger
          Nice reveal. I was using an X-acto knife to extract my toys from blisters since the 80's.

I thought this had something to do with that "magic trick" all over Youtube of Hot Wheels collectors showing how they remove their cars with acetone or nail polish remover so they can make customs and place them back in the package.
          Tip: It doesn't work if the back of the card is laminated printed. The acetone is applied to the back of the card and seeps through the cardboard until the glue releases. This takes seconds with acetone! A little longer with nail polish.

Yes, exact o knife works for me. Very little damage to clam and the back of the blister card still intact. Best way for me.

I've tried a heat gun at work before to melt the glue but it also can burn the card which is worse in my opinion.
          Cornelius POTA sigpic MEGO of the Planet Of The Apes :ape:
          :smiley13: Cornelius is home.
          I'm in a groove and on the move collecting Mego POTA figures. PM me anytime.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
            One eyed, wonder
            • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
            A picture with Dracula makes it look small. Looks like the top of his head might rub the inside.

Oh look, you can put the figure way higher in the coffin. Dream on! Dream bigger. :P

Comment

• Cornelius POTA
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 19, 2011

Going to try again, a heat gun and work tomorrow to remove Chekov...we use for shrink wrap for small quantities.

Hard time with the 1970's blisters, but will see with the 2018 blisters. Will report back Mego buddies.
              Cornelius POTA sigpic MEGO of the Planet Of The Apes :ape:
              :smiley13: Cornelius is home.
              I'm in a groove and on the move collecting Mego POTA figures. PM me anytime.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I own the CTVT coffins and will test a Bela in it as soon as I get one.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  Sounds good, and if you do get a Bela Dracula please take a pic or two of it, because I'm guessing the CTVT coffins will be to small, but I have been wrong before and guess it wouldn't surprise me if I was wrong again.

I'm curious if the ahi Dracula fits in the CTVT coffin?

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                    One eyed, wonder
                    • Dec 17, 2009

Believe me these oversize coffins will fit your dollies. How much extra room is the question. Is anyone listening to me? Or have we all decided to ignore me and second guess this issue, like Lonnie? Whatever. Dream on...dream on...dream until your dreams come true.

Comment

• Bantha5
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • May 2, 2013

Last couple of years DollarTrees have had well made cardboard coffins at Halloween. They seem to be about 8inch scale. I forget the price though.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 12, 2004

Comment

• KOMonger
                          Banned
                          • Feb 17, 2015

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
                          Believe me these oversize coffins will fit your dollies. How much extra room is the question. Is anyone listening to me? Or have we all decided to ignore me and second guess this issue, like Lonnie? Whatever. Dream on...dream on...dream until your dreams come true.
                          I believe you. They are, basically, a little roomy. By the time lining and a pillow (or dirt) is added it just might be perfect.

Checking on the AHI for sizing is a good question too, since their bodies are a bit "bloatier".

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            Could you please take a picture with a different Mego figure so we can see how big they really are?

Comment

• sprytel
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Bantha5
                              Last couple of years DollarTrees have had well made cardboard coffins at Halloween. They seem to be about 8inch scale. I forget the price though.
                              Lol

Comment

• comicmike
                                Persistent Member
                                • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by comicmike
                                If someone has him and some of the EMCE monsters to compare, do you think Drac's hands are the same as Phantom of the Opera's hands? I'm curious if they are the same hand sculpts. I'm really hoping Drac's whole body is pale, matching the hands and face.
                                Thanks,Count Stankus: The hands are adapted from the EMCE-DST Frankenstein.
                                Counter 8:20:
                                Last edited by comicmike; Aug 12, '18, 3:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎