Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS - Has anyone else gone down the rabbit hole on BrickSeek?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KOMonger
    Banned
    • Feb 17, 2015

Originally posted by Remco Monster
    I am really psyched about Blade Runner. I just really hope they have the likeness rights.
    When I saw the gun that came with AJ, my first thought was "that's Deckard's gun"! Eh. Looks like Star Wars gun, too.

Comment

• greensavage2000
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 9, 2013

Originally posted by scott metzger
      Points all taken; just don't want folks to get their hopes up too much. Things can go wrong and change in the toy industry.
      I agree the point of not losing your mind if you don't get the Star Trek Mirror Mirror Sulu & Uhura 2-pack can't be stated enough. I tend to think this list was probably factual when it was made but it had to come pretty early didn't it? Leaving a lot of time probably for things to change or go wrong.
      As for not going crazy, too late! If I don't get some more Mirror Mirror I'll lose it man. I'll strip and put on a diaper and run around flipping cars like Dewey Cox. 😁

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

Mybe its the opposite and the sulu/uhura pack is a late edition to the line.

Comment

• ODBJBG
          Permanent Member
          • May 15, 2009

Boggles my mind that Scotty isn't in the Star Trek lineup. He has the most potential to custom and is generally a bit harder to find than the rest of the gang. You'd think they would have put him out again.

Comment

• Steeler80
            Mayor of Strunk
            • Jun 29, 2001

As has been stated several times, a lot can happen between the planning stages and when figures hit the shelves. So, while I'm pretty excited for several of these figures (Trek and Blade Runner!), I'm going to avoid the trap of getting too excited (I call this the "Crystal Skull effect") just in case something happens.

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by greensavage2000
              I agree the point of not losing your mind if you don't get the Star Trek Mirror Mirror Sulu & Uhura 2-pack can't be stated enough. I tend to think this list was probably factual when it was made but it had to come pretty early didn't it? Leaving a lot of time probably for things to change or go wrong.
              As for not going crazy, too late! If I don't get some more Mirror Mirror I'll lose it man. I'll strip and put on a diaper and run around flipping cars like Dewey Cox. ��
              If I were going to bet on something being made, Mirror figures would be where I'd put all my money. Every head mold has two uses right off. Sulu already exists, just add the scar with paint. Mirror Uhura needs a head that you can then use to make to make the regular figure. The only figure that wouldn't be ripe for a doppelganger would be Marlena, so you have need of only one unique head sculpt out of all the potential Mirror figures. It's too perfect a way to re-use expensive molds for them not to take advantage of it, especially considering the very warm reception the Kirk/Spock pack received. It's economical AND in demand.

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

I am a little surprised that with the new mego Star Trek release plus these new upcoming Trek figures, we have yet to see any Klingons?
                I mean they were the Federations number one enemies, with the Romulans a close second.

I'm hoping new mego will release a Klingon Kor in correct outfit, I liked him the best.

Comment

• bgiles73
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 14, 2010

Originally posted by Steeler80
                  As has been stated several times, a lot can happen between the planning stages and when figures hit the shelves. So, while I'm pretty excited for several of these figures (Trek and Blade Runner!), I'm going to avoid the trap of getting too excited (I call this the "Crystal Skull effect") just in case something happens.
                  The Crystal Skull Effect I’m thinking of here is going to be the potential for Indiana Jones and Han Solo customs that the Bade Runner Decker opens up!

Comment

• fallensaviour
                    Talkative Member
                    • Aug 28, 2006

My only interest in the “potential or possible “ figures;
                    087-16-3120 Universal Studios Monsters Lon Chaney Jr. Frankenstein 8"
                    087-16-3121 Universal Studios Monsters Lon Chaney Jr. Wolfman 8"
                    087-16-2634 Blade Runner Decker & Roy 8" 2-pack

I really hope it comes to fruition.

P.S. Give me western figures already!!!!!
                    “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                      Boggles my mind that Scotty isn't in the Star Trek lineup. He has the most potential to custom and is generally a bit harder to find than the rest of the gang. You'd think they would have put him out again.
                      Originally posted by tjacwave50
                      I am a little surprised that with the new mego Star Trek release plus these new upcoming Trek figures, we have yet to see any Klingons?
                      I mean they were the Federations number one enemies, with the Romulans a close second.

I'm hoping new mego will release a Klingon Kor in correct outfit, I liked him the best.
                      If the line can be (and hopefully will be) expanded to other retailers besides Target starting in January 2019, it's possible that they are holding back on the rest of the Star Trek figures for that expansion of the line.

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

I looked. I do feel a little bad for peeking, but I couldn't help it.

I will say this... if Blade Runner is true, Mego will make action figure history by releasing the first ever licensed Blade Runner figures in the world. Be ready for a collectors' blood bath if that is true. If Marty and Doc are reading this, and if it is truly happening, I hope they consider upping the production numbers on this particular set. There is unprecedented demand for these.

Comment

• phil
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 11, 2007

I don't think some of this qualifies as Spoilers because they obviously weren't going to just make one figure from things like Facts of Life or The Brady Bunch. I don't care for the 14 inch figures and the figures I am most interested in are the Chaney Universal Monsters. Hopefully they can do a Bela Lugosi as Ygor at some point in the future. A Sulu-Uhura Mirror two pack might not be bad.

Comment

• jayraytee
                            Career Member
                            • May 27, 2011

I saw a couple of properties mentioned on facebook that have not been mentioned here. At this point I wonder how much information can be trusted.
                            My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• VulcansFury
                              Museum Patron
                              • Mar 6, 2014

Holy Crow, Blade Runner!! If thats not true thats a very cruel tease. And I agree with Hedji, production numbers need to be increased for those.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                                Talkative Member
                                • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by Hedji
                                I looked. I do feel a little bad for peeking, but I couldn't help it.

I will say this... If Marty and Doc are reading this, and if it is truly happening, I hope they Hop in a delorean.
                                There is unprecedented demand for these.
                                This is how I read your statement....lol
                                Now I want back to the future Marty and doc!!!
                                These guys need to get on that,no they must get on it!!!
                                “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎