X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Close Call With Disaster!!

Working on an Elvira custom. Had a cool idea I will show more later. At least I hadn't seen it done before. Anyways...part of the idea involves doing major damage to a Mego female head. So I look in my magic parts box and see a vintage Dinah Mite head in really nice condition and a repro Supergirl. Awesome. Her eyes will be great for this. As I am about to go Insaniac with a razor knife I see the stamp at the base of the neck. NPP. This is like a mint condition vintage Supergirl head. Where the hell did it come from?
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

It probably came from China?

Comment

• Megotastrophe
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 29, 2018

Not the rarely discussed Mego factory of Saskatoon?

Comment

• jimbutsu
        Memory *is* RAM!
        • Apr 11, 2002

Pretty common knowledge that the Saskatoon "factory" never actually made anything... their stuff was all produced in Tuscaloosa and then shipped up there for distribution...
        "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Comment

• Megotastrophe
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 29, 2018

No Lonnie is probably right. It probably came from China. Most notably Hong Kong. Thanks for clarifying. On that note I should point out that my question was more along the lines of how exactly did I get a vintage Supergirl head? I have zero memory of buying one on purpose. Random parts lot Easter Egg?

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

It's the Mego Parts Fairy. Visited me many times; I have a bunch of pieces that I have no idea where they came from. Kind of the opposite of losing your socks in the dryer...

Comment

• Megotastrophe
              Permanent Member
              • Jun 29, 2018

Even weirder...I haven't bought a parts lot in 10 years and I moved twice in that time frame. There is literally no reason I should have a Supergirl head....

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎