X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
    I've never understood why people who restring bodies always try to tie at the neck. I've had way bettter results tying at the waist.
    The Museum How-To page and original T1 ties are at the neck. So, monkey see, monkey do. I never thought of a different way until Ivan laid his out.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by hedrap
      The Museum How-To page and original T1 ties are at the neck. So, monkey see, monkey do. I never thought of a different way until Ivan laid his out.
      I watched that video, but he tied at the neck also. I've been tying at the waist for so long, probably about 20 years, that I guess I thought everyone was doing it that way at this point.
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

Head is the reverse of vintage Mego. The plug is on the torso now, and the head is soft enough to squeeze and rotate up and off of the plug.
        Might have been a little easier if I had heated it up a little, but really, it pretty much came off with some gentle squeeze and pull.

Originally posted by Type3Toys
        How did you get the head off?
        Last edited by rche; Aug 2, '18, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

The body comes with the rubber gasket/band strung in a cross pattern. Left arm to right leg and vice versa.

I restrung both Spock and Kirk. For Spock, I did the right to right; left to left. For Kirk I restrung in the cross pattern.
          Both seem to have the same ability to pose, and I am not so concerned about the arm splitting.
          I considered stringing as a Type1 to see if there was any difference in how the figure would hold a pose, but I think I might try that on Jimi or Drac if I can ever get my hands on them.

For both of these, I just did the tie at the leg hole. No big deal, and the little bit of extra string went right back up into the pelvis. You could probably tie off under the arm as well, tho I would not want any string to pop out when posing Kirk and give him extra armpit fur, since his tunic is pretty much sleeveless.

Originally posted by ODBJBG
          ...., if you want to manually re-string ....., it's much more difficult because you can no longer restring and tighten through the neck hole.

Comment

• Boywonder0
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 29, 2007

Thanks for sharing this review rche.

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

I welcome the new neck style

As a kid ripped many necks not only from swapping heads but from playing rough with the figures.

Looks like the new heads would more likely pop off than rip when playing - and that's good.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                Career Member
                • Jan 19, 2019

Anyone else notice the thighs are a big thicker on the newer Megos? Or is it just me?

Also question...Other then a chubby figure like Norm, are all the bodies the same?
                Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by KingKickass1983
                  Anyone else notice the thighs are a big thicker on the newer Megos? Or is it just me?

Also question...Other then a chubby figure like Norm, are all the bodies the same?
                  Pretty much all the same. The Trek legs are different form regular legs.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                    Career Member
                    • Jan 19, 2019

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                    Pretty much all the same. The Trek legs are different form regular legs.
                    I noticed that, and they use them on the latest Phantom too.
                    Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎