X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Teen Titans GO and DC Animated Movies Suggestions

Sorta a carry over idea from Chris' comments in the Titans thread...

Went to see Teen Titans Go last night and it's a good time. The story is satire on superhero qualifications mixed with the usual absurdity. There are some good comic book gags throughout. There's a whole deal with Challengers of The Unknown that works on a few levels.

Contrast that with how I tried to watch Gotham by Gaslight with my tween and wow...what is Bruce Timm's problem? He's like the Hyde to Dini's Jekyll. Right when I saw his name pop up in the credits, I flashbacked to Batman and Harley and thought "oh crap".

So, what DCU animated movies can I watch with my kids? I'm assuming Suicide Squad is nutso and anything Batman is a pass. Are the Jusitce League/Superman titles OK?
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

^I haven't seen Batman/Harley, because of all the older fan backlash it got. I see it's on Amazon Prime, so I may finally watch it.

I won't hold Gotham By Gaslight against him. It is about Jack the Ripper, after all. But yeah, Timm really NEEDS BS&P to keep his more base inclinations in check with the characters, I think. I love the man's work (heck, I do a podcast about it!), both FOR kids and NOT, but his name on a DC product evokes a certain family friendly vibe, at least for parents and older kids. Pre-teens at most. The Killing Joke was of course an adult story, but they somehow managed to make the whole thing ickier with that out of left field sex scene.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎