Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast

Thread: MEGO-compatible skeleton at Big Lots! 24 POA and $5.00 each

Images
    If anyone does need some 5 dollar skeletons let me know. I picked up several at big lots.

Images
    Didn't help for the stores around me... but maybe can help others find these at their local Kroger...

Pretty sure this is it:

https://www.kroger.com/p/holiday-hom.../0004122616669

I picked up a couple skeletons today and when I got home, I realized their femurs were reversed! It was an easy fix, but I wonder if all if them are that way?
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    I haven't found these locally. Can anyone provide dimensions (height/width) of the skull-head for these figures?
    Height (top of head to bottom of jaw) 1-1/4"
    Width: 3/4"

using calipers.

The same skeleton is at Home Depot! It's a bit higher, like $5.58 but it's still worth it!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonGhost View Post
    I picked up a couple skeletons today and when I got home, I realized their femurs were reversed! It was an easy fix, but I wonder if all if them are that way?
    Yup, all of them are that way. You don't even need a hairdryer or boiling water. Just hold the legs, and yank them. Swap left for right, and also swap the feet, put them back together and they're golden! The knees will now bend in the correct direction, almost 90 degrees.

How come people are not buying the CTVT skeleton's? I got them both and those look better and at least the CTVT is 8"

Images
    Blog Entries
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ZMOQ View Post
    Height (top of head to bottom of jaw) 1-1/4"
    Width: 3/4"

using calipers.

The same skeleton is at Home Depot! It's a bit higher, like $5.58 but it's still worth it!
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Madcap70 View Post
    How come people are not buying the CTVT skeleton's? I got them both and those look better and at least the CTVT is 8"
    they are brittle crap? Maybe that is why.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Madcap70 View Post
    Ummm... have to disagree. The CTVT skeleton is limited by the 70's style articulation. CTVT has only a hinge joint for the elbows, knees and feet, where the Big Lots skelly has the hybrid swivel/hinge joint of modern quality figures. Those joints allow a full 360 degree rotation in addition to the 90 degree bend. As a result the BL skelly has a range of motion that CTVT is incapable of.

The Big Lots skeleton was copied from an extremely well made (and much smaller) Japanese skeleton, so the design and engineering was... stolen. Hence, that's why they're so cheap (but so good!).

(Not my photo) but here's what they're capable of:

It was by happy accident that BL skelly is MEGO-compatible. They are also, reportedly, compatible with Masters of the Universe Classics (the modern and expensive ones).

Images
    Blog Entries
    ^^^^ I don't even want to know what those two are doing. I do agree, the Big Lots one is light years beyond the old junker FTC version.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks