X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZMOQ
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jun 1, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
    ^^^^ I don't even want to know what those two are doing. I do agree, the Big Lots one is light years beyond the old junker FTC version.
    Ummm... think of it as "Cool Runnings". The owner of those skeletons was doing a dry fit test to see if it's feasible to make a bobsled for them. Yes? Riiiigggghhhht!

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by ZMOQ
      Ummm... think of it as "Cool Runnings". The owner of those skeletons was doing a dry fit test to see if it's feasible to make a bobsled for them. Yes? Riiiigggghhhht!
      ok then
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Madcap70
        • Dec 4, 2017

^^^^ I don't even want to know what those two are doing. I do agree, the Big Lots one is light years beyond the old junker FTC version.
        At least the FTC one looks like a Mego....And is the right height...

Comment

• Megotastrophe
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 29, 2018

The pelvis has a huge problem on the ctvt skeleton. It is fixable but not worth the work. I used 4 small screws to repair the provides on the 4 ctvt skeletons that just popped apart. Other than that I like them.

Comment

• Madcap70
            • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
            The pelvis has a huge problem on the ctvt skeleton. It is fixable but not worth the work. I used 4 small screws to repair the provides on the 4 ctvt skeletons that just popped apart. Other than that I like them.
            I got plenty of them and all mine are fine...

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Madcap70
              At least the FTC one looks like a Mego....And is the right height...
              And breaks real easy just like a FTC.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Madcap70
                • Dec 4, 2017

And breaks real easy just like a FTC.
                HA! HA! HA! Yes and the two I bought from Big Lots broke as well....

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Good grief.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

HA! HA! HA! Yes and the two I bought from Big Lots broke as well....
                    I don't see how they broke, must have been operator error.

Comment

• Madcap70
                      • Dec 4, 2017

I don't see how they broke, must have been operator error.
                      Right OK dude whatever floats your boat....These can be defective too I know you hate some FTC so I should have known better.....

Comment

• ZMOQ
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Jun 1, 2010

This *IS* for Mego-like and Replicas, so people reading posts on this category aren't all that strict about "they MUST be exactly 8" tall". In reality, there is some variation in the height of people, so there's nothing wrong with having some variation in the height of figures/skeletons.

The way I see it, there's plenty of room for two different kinds of skeletons, each for about $5.00. For those who are really strict that the skeleton MUST be 8" tall, and MUST be engineered like toys of the 70's (including the limited articulation of the time), there's the CTVT skeleton. For those who are more flexible about height, proportion and enjoy modern-type articulation, there's Big Lots/Home Depot skeleton.

I had already listed the reasons why I believe Big Lots/Home Depot skeleton is the superior skeleton. I won't bore people by repeating myself. All in all, it seems that everybody else is delighted to have such a MEGO-compatible skeleton available, at such a low price. It's not as if this was an expensive Kickstarter for a $22 skeleton that's priced like a premium action figure, but looks like cheap Halloween decor. It's cheap Halloween decor that just happens to be almost like a premium action figure.

Comment

• Madcap70
                          • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by ZMOQ
                          This *IS* for Mego-like and Replicas, so people reading posts on this category aren't all that strict about "they MUST be exactly 8" tall". In reality, there is some variation in the height of people, so there's nothing wrong with having some variation in the height of figures/skeletons.

The way I see it, there's plenty of room for two different kinds of skeletons, each for about $5.00. For those who are really strict that the skeleton MUST be 8" tall, and MUST be engineered like toys of the 70's (including the limited articulation of the time), there's the CTVT skeleton. For those who are more flexible about height, proportion and enjoy modern-type articulation, there's Big Lots/Home Depot skeleton.

I had already listed the reasons why I believe Big Lots/Home Depot skeleton is the superior skeleton. I won't bore people by repeating myself. All in all, it seems that everybody else is delighted to have such a MEGO-compatible skeleton available, at such a low price. It's not as if this was an expensive Kickstarter for a $22 skeleton that's priced like a premium action figure, but looks like cheap Halloween decor. It's cheap Halloween decor that just happens to be almost like a premium action figure.
                          True but some people can't let things go and have to jab FTC whenever they can which I think is childish and unnecessary...We get it already you hate FTC and have to tell people that 1,000,000,000 times over we get it

Saying that I have both and both have their flaws you can compare them to the Mego type 2 body and the Type S body at the 8 inch superstore. Both of these are accepted and used so why not these two?

It's the constant one is "Better" when in actuality both will work....

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Please. You're being just as reactive and reductive as the posts you're complaining about. I'd love to see the Big Lots skeleton you supposedly broke.

You arrived late to a mostly appreciative thread and asked a question to which you might have guessed the answer; the FTC skeleton is ten years old. Why was the Big Lots skeleton discussed? Because it is something new, sturdy, and very poseable.

Who's to judge "childish and unnecessary"? Were that criticism leveled at you, would you like it?
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

True but some people can't let things go and have to jab FTC whenever they can which I think is childish and unnecessary...We get it already you hate FTC and have to tell people that 1,000,000,000 times over we get it

Saying that I have both and both have their flaws you can compare them to the Mego type 2 body and the Type S body at the 8 inch superstore. Both of these are accepted and used so why not these two?

It's the constant one is "Better" when in actuality both will work....
                              I don't hate FTC, its what you perceive, they have gotten a lot of my hard earned dollars and would get more if they would correct a lot of the repeating mistakes. I have the entire 66 run, along with a lot of other characters like DC, Jonny Quest and the horribly done Space Ghost. Oh, and my pile of bagged human bones sold as skeleton figures all broken junk. I "jab" at them when they blow it and that happens as much as they succeed, I just calls 'em as I sees 'em. And this is a lost cause discussion with you so just drop it already.

Comment

• Madcap70
                                • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                                Please. You're being just as reactive and reductive as the posts you're complaining about. I'd love to see the Big Lots skeleton you supposedly broke.

You arrived late to a mostly appreciative thread and asked a question to which you might have guessed the answer; the FTC skeleton is ten years old. Why was the Big Lots skeleton discussed? Because it is something new, sturdy, and very poseable.

Who's to judge "childish and unnecessary"? Were that criticism leveled at you, would you like it?
                                No it's just when someone brings up another topic people tend to throw jabs at it like we haven't heard it before and who are you that I have to "Prove" that this figure was broken?? Is it just because that can't happen? Since I haven't been here long I tend to bring up something that I just found not too long ago sorry I guess I should have been around 10 years like you were but alas it's only been a year so sue me for just finding this out...

But since I have been here I see some people don't help newbies they tend to step on them or tell them they are wrong to make them feel important....OK
                                Last edited by Madcap70; Oct 12, '18, 9:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎