X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justzeg18
    Career Member
    • May 5, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    Found these skeletons at Ruler Foods, a Kroger discount store. They were $2.99 each! I couldn't believe it! The price still says $7.99, but the shelf tag read $2.99 for these, and the animal skeletons. Picked up two.

So check any Kroger stores in your area, they may be there too.

They also had two cool battery operated Halloween blow-molds, which are an obsession of mine. I got one of a cat peeking out of a Jack-O-Lantern. The other is a cat dressed as a ghost with a pumpkin pail.

Chris
    Nice! I feel like we have a Kroger every 5 miles in my area but I don't if we have any discount spots, I'll have to check now. $2.99 is a great price for these.

Also, I can't believe some of the prices that those Kroger battery lit blow-molds can grab online.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, I had no idea until I went looking! $75? That's nuts.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

These are very cool, we don't have that store in my area, but these would work well as customs wearing Batman outfit,
        for that 66 Batman episode, with Mad Hatter.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
          Moderation Engineer
          • Aug 14, 2003

No cheap skeletons at my Kroger, but I grabbed the cat blow mold.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

^Oh nice! Apparently there is a dog dressed as a witch, and a dog dressed as a ghost from this same series, according to ebay.

Chrsi
            sigpic

Comment

• Megotastrophe
              Permanent Member
              • Jun 29, 2018

If anyone does need some 5 dollar skeletons let me know. I picked up several at big lots.

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

Didn't help for the stores around me... but maybe can help others find these at their local Kroger...

Pretty sure this is it:

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

I picked up a couple skeletons today and when I got home, I realized their femurs were reversed! It was an easy fix, but I wonder if all if them are that way?
                  Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• ZMOQ
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Jun 1, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    I haven't found these locally. Can anyone provide dimensions (height/width) of the skull-head for these figures?
                    Height (top of head to bottom of jaw) 1-1/4"
                    Width: 3/4"

using calipers.

The same skeleton is at Home Depot! It's a bit higher, like $5.58 but it's still worth it!

Comment

• ZMOQ
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Jun 1, 2010

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                      I picked up a couple skeletons today and when I got home, I realized their femurs were reversed! It was an easy fix, but I wonder if all if them are that way?
                      Yup, all of them are that way. You don't even need a hairdryer or boiling water. Just hold the legs, and yank them. Swap left for right, and also swap the feet, put them back together and they're golden! The knees will now bend in the correct direction, almost 90 degrees.

Comment

• Madcap70
                        • Dec 4, 2017

How come people are not buying the CTVT skeleton's? I got them both and those look better and at least the CTVT is 8"

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Thank you!

Originally posted by ZMOQ
                          Height (top of head to bottom of jaw) 1-1/4"
                          Width: 3/4"

using calipers.

The same skeleton is at Home Depot! It's a bit higher, like $5.58 but it's still worth it!
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Madcap70
                            How come people are not buying the CTVT skeleton's? I got them both and those look better and at least the CTVT is 8"
                            they are brittle crap? Maybe that is why.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ZMOQ
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Jun 1, 2010

Originally posted by Madcap70
                              Ummm... have to disagree. The CTVT skeleton is limited by the 70's style articulation. CTVT has only a hinge joint for the elbows, knees and feet, where the Big Lots skelly has the hybrid swivel/hinge joint of modern quality figures. Those joints allow a full 360 degree rotation in addition to the 90 degree bend. As a result the BL skelly has a range of motion that CTVT is incapable of.

The Big Lots skeleton was copied from an extremely well made (and much smaller) Japanese skeleton, so the design and engineering was... stolen. Hence, that's why they're so cheap (but so good!).

(Not my photo) but here's what they're capable of:

It was by happy accident that BL skelly is MEGO-compatible. They are also, reportedly, compatible with Masters of the Universe Classics (the modern and expensive ones).

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

^^^^ I don't even want to know what those two are doing. I do agree, the Big Lots one is light years beyond the old junker FTC version.
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎