X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZMOQ
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jun 1, 2010

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
    Mine had a raptor type dinosaur skeleton. Not terrible but the joints were a bit loose.
    It's a T-Rex, but, alas, not a good one. The skull is the best thing on it. Some people on the toy skeleton group suggested that the skull can be transplanted onto the human skeleton for a scary hybrid, because the neck joint is compatible. Otherwise, there are other, far better T-rex skeletons to be had in that size.

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
      I can pick up some extra and ship. Your choice.
      I found some at a Big Lots in eastern Ohio we stopped at as we passed through, so I won't need you to send them to me, but I appreciate the offer.

-M
      Last edited by MRP; Sep 1, '18, 12:47 AM.
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Megotastrophe
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 29, 2018

no problem. I know in most action figure lines there is the army building figure ...like jawas and stormtroopers. AJ was the closest we had to that in Mego I guess.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Wish they had a horsey skeleton, would be perfect for a western era Ghost Rider like in the second movie.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• justzeg18
            Career Member
            • May 5, 2003

These popped up at Kroger stores as well, but they're $7.99 (got one on sale for $6.20).

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

Bat-Skeleton

Bat Skeleton.jpgBatman Robin skeletons.jpg

These skeletons seem to work out better than I thought, now to finish this project.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Their legs are a little short, and their hips are kinda wide, but they're really cool.

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

Picked one up. I like the skull on this better than the CTVT skull with the fangs.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]23935[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]23936[/ATTACH]

These skeletons seem to work out better than I thought, now to finish this project.
                    why this wasn't a FTC variant is beyond me. Seems like a no brainer.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• mjaycox
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 16, 2008

I smell Forgotten Prisoner of Castel Mare custom!!!!
                      Warm up?! We may as well sit around this cigarette!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

I haven't found these locally. Can anyone provide dimensions (height/width) of the skull-head for these figures?
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MRP
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 19, 2016

I have 4 I plan to make some customs from

1 will be a generic skeleton warrior one might find in any D&D game

1 will be a Death Knight from D&D

1 will become the lich Acregor from the D&D mini adventure path Shades of Gray I published through a 3rd party publisher a decade or so back

and the last will become The Thing in the Crypt from the Conan story of that name, the first story in the first Ace Conan paperback volume chronologically filling in Conan's career (it's not a Howard story, but a deCamp/Carter effort, but it was still the first prose Conan I read after discoing Conan comics as a kid, so it has a special place in my Conan fandom).

PNGwynne, the skull-head on these is about 3 cm tall, 2 cm wide and 2 cm deep.

-M

edit to add: if you take the pic of the UPC code from earlier in the thread to one of the clerks at your local big lots (or just bring the UPC code numbers I guess) they can enter it into their computer and see what local Big Lots stores within 100 mile radius have these in stock. That's what we did. We stopped at one in Willoughby, OH that was across the street form a comic store we had decided to check out as a pit stop on our drive to VT, and they didn't have it, but I had sent the pic of the UPC form this thread to my wife in an email so she had it on their phone and they looked it up for us and told us the one on the other side of town had it in stock, so ewe drove over and snagged them before getting back on the highway towards VT.
                          Last edited by MRP; Sep 19, '18, 11:10 PM.
                          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

Found these skeletons at Ruler Foods, a Kroger discount store. They were $2.99 each! I couldn't believe it! The price still says $7.99, but the shelf tag read $2.99 for these, and the animal skeletons. Picked up two.

So check any Kroger stores in your area, they may be there too.

They also had two cool battery operated Halloween blow-molds, which are an obsession of mine. I got one of a cat peeking out of a Jack-O-Lantern. The other is a cat dressed as a ghost with a pumpkin pail.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                                Moderation Engineer
                                • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                                Found these skeletons at Ruler Foods, a Kroger discount store. They were $2.99 each! I couldn't believe it! The price still says $7.99, but the shelf tag read $2.99 for these, and the animal skeletons. Picked up two.

So check any Kroger stores in your area, they may be there too.

They also had two cool battery operated Halloween blow-molds, which are an obsession of mine. I got one of a cat peeking out of a Jack-O-Lantern. The other is a cat dressed as a ghost with a pumpkin pail.

Chris
                                I'm headed to Kroger! You know how I share your love of decorations.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎