Page 1 of 13 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: MEGO-compatible skeleton at Big Lots! 24 POA and $5.00 each

Images

MEGO-compatible skeleton at Big Lots! 24 POA and $5.00 each

I'm part of a toy skeleton-collecting group, and yesterday, they mentioned a new toy skeleton at Big Lots. It's technically 7", but I was told that it doesn't scale very well with NECA, but is more MEGO-like in its head/body proportions. Just picked one up today, and I'm surprised at how nice it is for $5.00. It's a bootleg knockoff of Rement Pose skeletons, but made much, much bigger! Even though Classic TV Toys sells a MEGO-styled skeleton, I believe this one is superior. It has an unbelievable 24 points of articulation! Could be worth a trip to Big Lots. I was also told that they fit Barbie Kelly clothes! ROTFL!

Attached Images Attached Images

Images
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the great tip!!
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    That’d go great with a Mego/ Ahi/ Emce/ Ctvt/ Flattworld Halloween Decor.

Images
    Very cool! I will check them out after I hit Target.
    LOOK
    Action Figure Design & Prototypes
    For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
    To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Images
    I kept looking at the skeleton, and on a whim, decided to see if it would fit vintage Action Jackson clothing.

Turns out that the jacket and helmet were superb fits! The pants... not really because the skeleton's hips are wider. I also didn't want to cram its feet into the AJ boots because the feet are a little wider, and AJ boots are not really stretchy.

Great (and fun) results! Looks like something out of the old DC comic book, "Weird War Tales".

Images
    Blog Entries
    Are the skulls solid or hollow?
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    Are the skulls solid or hollow?
    Solid. Very solid. The neck connector is that hair-dryer-shaped hybrid swivel/hinge joint.

Images
    Blog Entries
    OK, thanks. I was wondering about cutting/dremelling them.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    OK, thanks. I was wondering about cutting/dremelling them.
    I think the skull can handle anything that dremel and x-acto can dish out!

Images
    Blog Entries
    See I went to Big Lots and found the skeleton. Distribution can be done properly, even a discount chain can do it. Ehem Target
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks