X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZMOQ
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jun 1, 2010

MEGO-compatible skeleton at Big Lots! 24 POA and $5.00 each

I'm part of a toy skeleton-collecting group, and yesterday, they mentioned a new toy skeleton at Big Lots. It's technically 7", but I was told that it doesn't scale very well with NECA, but is more MEGO-like in its head/body proportions. Just picked one up today, and I'm surprised at how nice it is for $5.00. It's a bootleg knockoff of Rement Pose skeletons, but made much, much bigger! Even though Classic TV Toys sells a MEGO-styled skeleton, I believe this one is superior. It has an unbelievable 24 points of articulation! Could be worth a trip to Big Lots. I was also told that they fit Barbie Kelly clothes! ROTFL!

Attached Files
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks for the great tip!!
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• hobub
      Ghost of a Dead Indian
      • Jun 18, 2001

That’d go great with a Mego/ Ahi/ Emce/ Ctvt/ Flattworld Halloween Decor.

Comment

• Type3Toys
        Home Of The Type3 Body
        • Jan 18, 2005

Very cool! I will check them out after I hit Target.
        LOOK
        Action Figure Design & Prototypes
        For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
        To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• ZMOQ
          Museum Super Collector
          • Jun 1, 2010

I kept looking at the skeleton, and on a whim, decided to see if it would fit vintage Action Jackson clothing.

Turns out that the jacket and helmet were superb fits! The pants... not really because the skeleton's hips are wider. I also didn't want to cram its feet into the AJ boots because the feet are a little wider, and AJ boots are not really stretchy.

Great (and fun) results! Looks like something out of the old DC comic book, "Weird War Tales".

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Are the skulls solid or hollow?
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ZMOQ
              Museum Super Collector
              • Jun 1, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              Are the skulls solid or hollow?
              Solid. Very solid. The neck connector is that hair-dryer-shaped hybrid swivel/hinge joint.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

OK, thanks. I was wondering about cutting/dremelling them.

Comment

• ZMOQ
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Jun 1, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  OK, thanks. I was wondering about cutting/dremelling them.
                  I think the skull can handle anything that dremel and x-acto can dish out!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

See I went to Big Lots and found the skeleton. Distribution can be done properly, even a discount chain can do it. Ehem Target
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Oh, and the posability on this little skeleton is amazing. Better than a Mego.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• monitor_ep
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 11, 2013

Picked up two today, I have an idea I want to use but it will be awhile.
                        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• MRP
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 19, 2016

I checked our local Big Lots and the Big Lots Halloween website and didn't find it at either. I will have ot check gain periodically as more Halloween merch arrives at Big Lots.

-M
                          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• monitor_ep
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 11, 2013

I found them on the side of one of endcap near where they keep the holiday toys if that helps. They also had a dog or cat and some other animal that was bigger than they should have been to go with the skeletons.
                            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• MRP
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                              I found them on the side of one of endcap near where they keep the holiday toys if that helps. They also had a dog or cat and some other animal that was bigger than they should have been to go with the skeletons.
                              I saw the skeletal animals (i.e. the dog like ones), and the 4 foot and 6 foot skeletal dragons (which were awesome but way overpirced) but no posable human style skeletons. But I'll keep checking.

-M
                              "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎