Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Thread: Batgirl AND Batman in Elvis movie

Images

Bat Batgirl AND Batman in Elvis movie

So I’m sitting here getting ready to retire for the night and flipping through I stop at TCM for a moment to see Elvis trying to seduce a hottie on a couch in an old movie. Then I soon realize it’s Batgirl so I keep it on, yes just to catch a glimpse. Damn she was good lookin. Then who pops in but the character’s parents. And I say to meself, that’s Batman. And it took a few seconds to sink in that both Batgirl and Batman are in a scene in this movie “it happened at the worlds fair” with Elvis. How cool. But it’s not Adam West. This is the Cartoon Batman who I recognize from way back, then I have to dig and dig in the web to prove it to myself. It was Olan Soule. Uncredited as Yvonne’s father. Pretty cool

Even better Batman goes and grabs a gun to shoot Elvis for seducing his daughter (Batgirl).
    Last edited by hobub; Aug 1, '18 at 7:46 AM. Reason: iPhone auto correct Typo

Images
    There's also the fun fact Batman and Superman were in the original Battlestar Galatica. Olan Soule was in an episode with Kirk Alyn.

Images
    Yes, cast together in the same episode?, that is interesting, but I thought this odd because neither had been cast in either role in 1963 when this was made. I should’ve said “future” Batgirl and Batman.
    Last edited by hobub; Aug 1, '18 at 7:44 AM. Reason: iphone autocorrect typos

Images
    Didn't Elvis and Yvonne date at some point as well? I seem to recall reading that.

Cool find!

Olan Soule was the most un-Batman-like actor to ever play the part. Nebbish permanently older gentleman. He's got a lot of Andy Griffith appearances as well.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Ha, I found it posted to YouTube. Here it is.

Images
    lol I loved Olan Soule on Andy Griffith. One of his roles (twice, l I think) was as the fussy choir director. He always struck me as a perennial stock librarian. But he had great comic timing and to little me, he WAS cartoon Batman.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    ^Yeah, I loved how frustrated he got with Don Knotts. He played fussy very well.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif