X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hobub
    Ghost of a Dead Indian
    • Jun 18, 2001

Batgirl AND Batman in Elvis movie

So I’m sitting here getting ready to retire for the night and flipping through I stop at TCM for a moment to see Elvis trying to seduce a hottie on a couch in an old movie. Then I soon realize it’s Batgirl so I keep it on, yes just to catch a glimpse. Damn she was good lookin. Then who pops in but the character’s parents. And I say to meself, that’s Batman. And it took a few seconds to sink in that both Batgirl and Batman are in a scene in this movie “it happened at the worlds fair” with Elvis. How cool. But it’s not Adam West. This is the Cartoon Batman who I recognize from way back, then I have to dig and dig in the web to prove it to myself. It was Olan Soule. Uncredited as Yvonne’s father. Pretty cool

Even better Batman goes and grabs a gun to shoot Elvis for seducing his daughter (Batgirl).
    Last edited by hobub; Aug 1, '18, 7:46 AM. Reason: iPhone auto correct Typo
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

There's also the fun fact Batman and Superman were in the original Battlestar Galatica. Olan Soule was in an episode with Kirk Alyn.

Comment

• hobub
      Ghost of a Dead Indian
      • Jun 18, 2001

Yes, cast together in the same episode?, that is interesting, but I thought this odd because neither had been cast in either role in 1963 when this was made. I should’ve said “future” Batgirl and Batman.
      Last edited by hobub; Aug 1, '18, 7:44 AM. Reason: iphone autocorrect typos

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Didn't Elvis and Yvonne date at some point as well? I seem to recall reading that.

Cool find!

Olan Soule was the most un-Batman-like actor to ever play the part. Nebbish permanently older gentleman. He's got a lot of Andy Griffith appearances as well.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• hobub
          Ghost of a Dead Indian
          • Jun 18, 2001

Ha, I found it posted to YouTube. Here it is.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

lol I loved Olan Soule on Andy Griffith. One of his roles (twice, l I think) was as the fussy choir director. He always struck me as a perennial stock librarian. But he had great comic timing and to little me, he WAS cartoon Batman.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, I loved how frustrated he got with Don Knotts. He played fussy very well.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎