Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Thread: What head is used for this Ebay custom?

Images

What head is used for this Ebay custom?

Requesting help identifying this Mego custom's head. Even though the head sculpt appears to be something I've seen before, a deep search in the Mego galleries and Google didn't help!
    Maybe it was a CTVT/FTC mod that's no longer available (and no longer on their site)?

Dukes Jesse mod on Ebay
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-DUKES-...LH_TitleDesc=0

I don't know that I would ever use this head, looks pretty basic, like Western heads, just puzzled as to why I can't find it!

Images
    Its from a Bible figure I think--like Wee Win's Heroes of the Kingdom. They were '80s Mego-style knock-offs.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Noah I believe

Images
    Thanks, I found a bunch of pics but not Noah.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    Its from a Bible figure I think--like Wee Win's Heroes of the Kingdom. They were '80s Mego-style knock-offs.
    Ha ha! I have these! Everything is Mego, Mego, Mego, I hadn't even thought of these. More awesome use of the Barter Toys figures. Or at least the head.

Yeah, Noah and Moses are very similar. Rainfall's Bible Greats series. Wee Win is slightly smaller but more detailed.

Thanks PNGwynne and Nostalgiabuff!
    Last edited by KOMonger; Jul 31, '18 at 6:51 PM. Reason: More details, thank you's.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgiabuff View Post
    Noah I believe
    Thanks both of you for the help!

Images
    I think Noah was used for the UJ customs at MegoMeet many many years ago.... It's not a bad Denver Pyle likeness at all.

Images
    Yep, looks like my Jesse prototype custom; https://goo.gl/images/4GXgCS

a little background. Mego meet history: From the first Mego meet. I believe I had the custom in the exhibit I did the year before, Allan Miller asked if I wanted to see if my fellow mego collectors wanted to do a meet up there like they did with the Marx guys and it could be called a mego meet as opposed to a "megocon" which had just taken place the year before and the name so boldly owned by Robak. Because this would be more of a an informal meet than a convention. The rest is history. Thanks Bill Burger and Dave McCormick.

This was the figure Paul used as prototype for a small run of figures with his heads he molded from this to be used as the very first mego meet exclusive. I used Moses because of the strong likeness although the Noah head they did also has the same image. Just a bald head.
    Last edited by hobub; Aug 2, '18 at 5:54 AM.