X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KOMonger
    Banned
    • Feb 17, 2015

What head is used for this Ebay custom?

Requesting help identifying this Mego custom's head. Even though the head sculpt appears to be something I've seen before, a deep search in the Mego galleries and Google didn't help!
    Maybe it was a CTVT/FTC mod that's no longer available (and no longer on their site)?

Dukes Jesse mod on Ebay

I don't know that I would ever use this head, looks pretty basic, like Western heads, just puzzled as to why I can't find it!
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Its from a Bible figure I think--like Wee Win's Heroes of the Kingdom. They were '80s Mego-style knock-offs.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

Noah I believe

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks, I found a bunch of pics but not Noah.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• KOMonger
          Banned
          • Feb 17, 2015

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          Its from a Bible figure I think--like Wee Win's Heroes of the Kingdom. They were '80s Mego-style knock-offs.
          Ha ha! I have these! Everything is Mego, Mego, Mego, I hadn't even thought of these. More awesome use of the Barter Toys figures. Or at least the head.

Yeah, Noah and Moses are very similar. Rainfall's Bible Greats series. Wee Win is slightly smaller but more detailed.

Thanks PNGwynne and Nostalgiabuff!
          Last edited by KOMonger; Jul 31, '18, 6:51 PM. Reason: More details, thank you's.

Comment

• KOMonger
            Banned
            • Feb 17, 2015

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
            Noah I believe
            Thanks both of you for the help!

Comment

• Megotastrophe
              Permanent Member
              • Jun 29, 2018

I think Noah was used for the UJ customs at MegoMeet many many years ago.... It's not a bad Denver Pyle likeness at all.

Comment

• hobub
                Ghost of a Dead Indian
                • Jun 18, 2001

Yep, looks like my Jesse prototype custom; https://goo.gl/images/4GXgCS

a little background. Mego meet history: From the first Mego meet. I believe I had the custom in the exhibit I did the year before, Allan Miller asked if I wanted to see if my fellow mego collectors wanted to do a meet up there like they did with the Marx guys and it could be called a mego meet as opposed to a "megocon" which had just taken place the year before and the name so boldly owned by Robak. Because this would be more of a an informal meet than a convention. The rest is history. Thanks Bill Burger and Dave McCormick.

This was the figure Paul used as prototype for a small run of figures with his heads he molded from this to be used as the very first mego meet exclusive. I used Moses because of the strong likeness although the Noah head they did also has the same image. Just a bald head.
                Last edited by hobub; Aug 2, '18, 5:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎