Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MysteryWho
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 16, 2008

I know this has been touched on to some degree, but how about an entire Cage series? We could get Pike, Spock, Number One, Vina, and a screen accurate Talosian. It's all win.

Comment

• VulcansFury
      Museum Patron
      • Mar 6, 2014

Originally posted by MysteryWho
      I know this has been touched on to some degree, but how about an entire Cage series? We could get Pike, Spock, Number One, Vina, and a screen accurate Talosian. It's all win.
      As long as they don't put out the same phasers, and go to the effort to make Cage-specific phasers, this is VERY high on my want list.

Comment

• newlyknighted
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 21, 2010

^I would very much like to have this Cage series of figures as well. I would also like Mego to produce the Anthropoid Ape that was in a Talosian cell. More importantly, I hope we get Dr. Boyce, Lt. Colt, Lt. Tyler, and Kalar, the bearded neanderthal from Rigel VII, that attacks Pike while defending Vina in an illusion.
        I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• Barnabas Collins
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by newlyknighted
          ^I would very much like to have this Cage series of figures as well. I would also like Mego to produce the Anthropoid Ape that was in a Talosian cell. More importantly, I hope we get Dr. Boyce, Lt. Colt, Lt. Tyler, and Kalar, the bearded neanderthal from Rigel VII, that attacks Pike while defending Vina in an illusion.
          I'm onboard for all of "The Cage" figures, including episode-appropriate accessories.

Barnabas Collins

Comment

• bgiles73
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 14, 2010

I would like these for sure. Mezco’s One:12 Spock variant from The Cage was my favorite. I hope for at least three variants of Vina from the episode- Vina in Talosian Clothes, Orion Animal Woman, and in true appearance(Last one could be a two pack with Pike in Wheelchair from The Menagerie) There are three other variants of her from the episode as well that would also be cool.

Comment

• Artistix
              • Apr 9, 2012

Every time we see new Star Trek figures & Nurse Chapel isn't included...I die a little inside.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                Career Member
                • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by Artistix
                Every time we see new Star Trek figures & Nurse Chapel isn't included...I die a little inside.
                I hear ya. There are SO many female figures that are screaming to be made that are totally over looked. Chapel and Rand I just don't get why they keep over looking them. Makes no sense at all.
                "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                  Career Member
                  • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by Barnabas Collins
                  I'm onboard for all of "The Cage" figures, including episode-appropriate accessories.

Barnabas Collins
                  I would love to see the Cage figs but, I wouldn't hold my breath for them.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                    Career Member
                    • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by bgiles73
                    I think the Balok puppet from “The Corbomite Manuever” would make a great Mego figure! I have him as a Titans Vinyl figure and he is just an iconic and creepy alien, who’s face was seen in the closing credits of just about every original episode. Throw in a little Clint Howard figure with a bowl of Tranya and you have an instant classic!
                    I would like to see the character Balok "Clint Howard" with the puppet two pack. Now that would be a home run right there.

Comment

• VulcansFury
                      Museum Patron
                      • Mar 6, 2014

Also, when talking about The Cage, I want the crew in their Away Team jackets, not just the turtlenecks. Removable with turtlenecks underneath, that is. Must-Have wave of Pike, Spock, Number One and Talosian, put green Vina out at some point, anything else would be a bonus.

Comment

• enyawd72
                        Maker of Monsters!
                        • Oct 1, 2009

Aliens, aliens, aliens!! It's time for a proper Bele, some Talosians, specific Klingons, namely Kang and Kor, Salt Vampire, Space Lincoln, Ambassador Shras, Ruk...

Comment

• LordMudd
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by Capt_Kirk
                          I hear ya. There are SO many female figures that are screaming to be made that are totally over looked. Chapel and Rand I just don't get why they keep over looking them. Makes no sense at all.
                          I have never heard one way or the other on this but, it may be Majel does not want her likeness used. That in and of itself would not make sense given how long she has been associated with the property, but then they may not be willing to pay what she wants for her use.

CCC.

Comment

• Treadwell
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Dec 31, 2018

Majel died many years ago.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

And, her likeness was used by Playmates. Wasn't the Emce 8" Chapel scuttled by lack of preorders, not lack of licensing?
                              Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 22, '19, 5:43 PM.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Artistix
                                • Apr 9, 2012

^^ DST's Trek died off for a long time there (along with their Stargate & BSG lines), not much was selling for DST. The terrible sales & overstocked shelves of Playmates 2009 Trek movie line scared retailers away from Trek in general.

Nurse Chapel, Rand & Vina were planned for Retro but DST couldn't get the orders.

They also had to ditch their 6" line of figures including TOS wave 5 which had green Kirk, Chapel, McCoy & Rand. So even Kirk couldn't sell a set at that point.

DST were asked to revise the Retro Chapel sculpt. Second sculpt didn't looks as good IMO. Less resemblance. The same thing seems to have happened with her old Playmates figures. Except Lwaxana, that was a great figure!

Last edited by Artistix; Jan 22, '19, 7:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎