Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you be opposed to Mego doing their own thing and create new toys?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joshua the Atomic Robot
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 14, 2012

First and foremost, I'd like to see them focus on 8 inch figures and 14 inch figures, and be really successful with that, to create a solid base for them. But after that, adding some diversity to their products would probably be a good thing for them.

I'm a big fan of Mego's 3 3/4 inch figures, like Pocket Heroes, Micronauts, Buck Rogers, CHiPs etc... I think I would like to see something like that from them. Maybe reproducing one of their classic lines, but adding in some new characters, too.

Pocket Heroes is probably out, since FTC has apparently snagged the DC licensee for that format, and Hasbro/Marvel is unlikely to let Mego use their characters. And Micronauts is out, since Hasbro has the rights to that now and is supposedly relaunching them.

Star Trek would be a good one. They could reproduce their Star Trek: The Motion Picture figures, or make a new retro line based on the Classic TV series.

Buck Rogers and CHiPs could also work, both fit in with the retro TV show thing Mego currently has going on.

Oh, and Mego also made 3 3/4 Love Boat action figures back in the day, they could bring them back.

Comment

• Captain
      Fighting the good fight!
      • Jun 17, 2001

Personally,I kinda hope they grow back into a full fledged toy company making all kinds of cool stuff
      "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Megotastrophe
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 29, 2018

I don't see us as sustaining a major toy company. Nostalgia is fine and all but it isn't gonna pay their bills. Of course if I had a solid business plan I would go into business haha.

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

For non TV-movie related i'd love to see Brick Mantooth hanging in Target

Perhaps create a girlfriend for him too -- and clothing line for both

By day they are fashion models, by night they are secret agents

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

I for one could go for the Tomland Aliens lineup
            tomland aliens.jpg

So the Star Trek could have more aliens to run across.
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• tmthor
              God of Knock-offs
              • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
              I don't see us as sustaining a major toy company. Nostalgia is fine and all but it isn't gonna pay their bills. Of course if I had a solid business plan I would go into business haha.

That is why I asked the question. We as collectors could not sustain them but if they started branching out here and there with their licences to other markets in the toy industry well the sky is the limit. Maybe do some 3 3/4 -4" lines and some 12" or even foray into 6" scale lines just to name some. Maybe bring back the Stretch figures Or even some of their games.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                Banned
                • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by tmthor
                They would not have to give up on licences I meant in addition to not instead of.
                Like add knights or aliens (not the movie)
                Oh yeah, I understand. I was just stressing that I believe the IP's are what would make the most money, compared to new, original properties.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 27, 2011

I would be all over their doing clothing and accessories for the 8" and 14" figures that are not necessarily for any particular line. To me, that is what Action Jackson and Dinah Mite were all about. I'd love to see a few customizable vehicles and/or playsets as well. I remember the inflatable 6 Million Dollar Man playset and thinking how original that was. Now I think back on how small it compressed for shipping!

6mdm01.jpg

JeffBearCO

Comment

• barbiegirl
                    • Jul 22, 2018

I'd love to see some new AJ and Dinah stuff. Even if Mego would make some new clothes for them it would be amazing!
                    I think, for now, they are sticking with collectibles. But in the future, it would be cool to see AJ and Dinah marketed to kids again.
                    I'd love to see some "generic" figures, like the Mystery-astronaut pop-up for sale in stores too!

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎