X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

Gallon of water a day challege

I'm trying to clean out my system. I was drinking too much caffeine before work and alcohol after. So now I'm having 4 bottles of a day, sometimes with lemons to burn the belly fat. I'm hoping to lose 3-5lbs a week. My goal is to lose 25 lbs. Its never to late to improve your health and mental outlook.
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

I wish you luck! Helps to have a positive attitude.

Comment

• Legend of Link
      Career Member
      • Jun 12, 2010

It’s rough trying to do a gallon a day. Someone recommended to me try half your body weight in ounces. But I’ll tell you first hand, just all that water is worth how it makes you feel and the amount of energy you have.

http://s1172.photobucket.com/albums/r561/Sgordy199/ <- My Mego Pictures

Comment

• comicmike
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 22, 2009

I used to do Bill Phillips' "Body for Life" program. That was a gallon a water a day for 3 months. Kind words to the wise: Always know where the bathrooms are.
        The problem for me was when I flushed my body with so much water, and the constant sweating of working out, I needed electrolytes. I learned from the military's Health Promotion department training that the easiest solution was some salt in fruit juice. I personally prefer Emergen-C now, because it tastes like *Candy*!
        Last edited by comicmike; Jul 30, '18, 3:49 PM.

Comment

• Marvelmania
          A Ray of Sunshine
          • Jun 17, 2001

If you're drinking that much water then you need to be taking a potassium supplement because you'll be peeing too much out. Water is great but for anyone with heart problems it's not the best idea. 3-5 pounds a week will 100% result in muscle loss. shoot for 1-2 pounds a week of fat loss. Losing weight because of losing muscle is not a good thing. That's losing weight just for the sake of it. You can lose the 25 lbs and still not look lean if you lose muscle.

Comment

• Brazoo
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 14, 2009

I think it's awesome that you're disciplining yourself and focusing on your health, I need to do that more myself and hearing stories like yours reminds me and encourages me to do that. But, I'm not sure drinking a gallon of water a day is the way to get there or even super great for you depending on your size, what you eat, what you're doing...

Like anything medical I think it's always best to consult a physician.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

I'd check in with a Doctor on that one.

Personally, I just did a cleanse, so I'm not opposed to them but I've seen family members get incredibly sick performing some of the ones they read about.

PS boil chopped lemons for 15 minutes, let steep for five and refrigerate. I drink about a litre of it a day, it's quite beneficial but brush your teeth after imbibing, lot of acid.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎