Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got Chekov and have question about the body.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JFAWWE
    • Feb 4, 2008

Got Chekov and have question about the body.

I ordered Chekov off ebay and his arms click and he seems to lean forward. Are these replicas of the original Megos or are these like the DST repros?

I love the head sculpt but am disappointed overall as I have still have a Kirk and Spock from over 40 years ago that seem to be better constructed. I know I am going to get a lot of heat for being honest but they remind me more of the re-megos than real megos.
  • cdhall
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 14, 2004

Originally posted by JFAWWE
    I ordered Chekov off ebay and his arms click and he seems to lean forward. Are these replicas of the original Megos or are these like the DST repros?

I love the head sculpt but am disappointed overall as I have still have a Kirk and Spock from over 40 years ago that seem to be better constructed. I know I am going to get a lot of heat for being honest but they remind me more of the re-megos than real megos.
    I haven't opened mine yet.

When I complained about the Emce Trek figures having Kirk made like a Giraffe and hollow boots, I thought I was going to get crucified. Then when I also didn't like the bodies on the Marvel figures... I left this place in disgust.

But there are cool people here.

"Keep 'em flying, Cornelius!"

When I open Chekov I'll let you know. PM later if you like. I'm now wondering if I should return him? I don't "need" him.

OOH. My AJ in the package is MUCH heavier than the McCoy I picked up which is from 197x. I do want to open a Trek figure and check the boots and the weight and see if the Limited Edition number from the seal on the package is stamped on the back (I seriously doubt it, so the package is a limited edition, not the figure. I'll be getting some of your heat now I bet).
    Last edited by cdhall; Jul 29, '18, 11:15 PM.
    —-
    “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
    - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
    - Captain Spock
    https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by JFAWWE
      Are these replicas of the original Megos or are these like the DST repros?
      Neither.

Comment

• noelani72
        27inaleon
        • Jun 25, 2002

it sounds like the arm came out of its socket to me.
        the bodies are really nice in my opinion.
        I was extra rough with Dracula and my left arm popped out of socket. Once that little metal hook latches onto the outside of the torso opening, it makes that clicking noise you describe. Lift up his shirt and take a peek. Use a small tool to push it upwards so it can pop back into the torso.
        The bodies are not strung too tight and all mine stood on their first attempt with good balance.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
          Career Member
          • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
          Neither.
          The only difference is the construction of the bodies, right?
          "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• cdhall
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 14, 2004

Originally posted by Capt_Kirk
            The only difference is the construction of the bodies, right?
            The uniforms are slightly different with Velcro, not a snap.
            Head is lighter skin tone than Emce.
            Rank may be slightly different.
            Leg boots are solid whereas Emce were hollow.

I realize I may not have properly or fully answered your question. My apologies.
            —-
            “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
            - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
            - Captain Spock
            https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍