• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SWCWorld
    Museum Patron
    • Aug 10, 2011

Originally posted by Brue
    Thanks for posting this.
    You are most welcome, Brue. Just trying to help with good, positive information.

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      ^^ That is what I expected, the figures to be at a store on the publicized release date. I don't have the time and the resources to constantly drive from Target to Target looking for dollies. I am done with it, unless they magically show up on line I will be skipping this.
      Same here...all I wanted was a Dracula. The two closest Targets to me are 40 and 55 miles away. After driving almost 200 miles round trip to two stores...nothing. I really want to support Mego, but I don't have the time or energy to chase after these things.

Very disgusted by all the "VHTF" Ebay listings. Well, of course they're very hard to find when people who don't even want them buy them all to sell on Ebay at 3-4 times retail.
      Last edited by enyawd72; Jul 29, '18, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Checked my local Target today, no megos to report, but the toy section was half empty, so looks like they haven't stocked or
        updated it, I'll check again in a day or two and by that time hopefully the toy section will be restocked.

Comment

• tmthor
          God of Knock-offs
          • Nov 29, 2005

Damn my son just called me he went to a Target and found an empty end cap he said when he asked an Employee he was told 2 guys went in in the Morning and cleared the whole display. Man its just like the old Star wars days now I guess. Whats worse he rode his bike there (yes some kids still ride bikes lol ) he just wished he did not waste 2 hours going there for nothing. I said welcome to the world of collecting.

P.S. a buddy of mine reminded me....or I should say corrected me because...he said back in the day Target used to limit (2 per customer) how many Star Wars exclusives you could buy in a day.
          Last edited by tmthor; Jul 30, '18, 1:49 PM.

Comment

• ODBJBG
            Permanent Member
            • May 15, 2009

They should have never announced a specific date these would be released. They should have said that Mego will start showing up at stores in August. All these people who went out on the specific day seem a bit short sighted in my view. I mean, I get it, I went and looked early, but the truth is this isn't like some massive coordinated roll out. As I mentioned weeks ago, some stores will get them on the day of, some stores will put them out early, and some stores will put them out weeks later. It's all based on what stock the store has, who's running the various departments, etc.

And I don't care what Marty said, there's still a chance that select Targets won't even get them. They may EVENTUALLY get them, but right now Mego is an endcap item and not all Targets get all the endcap items. It just be that way. I would say MOST Targets will get these, but some may not.

But the biggest mistake the new Mego made was announcing a very specific date, because a whole bunch of people expect something to be there when you say it will be there on a release day. Even if that's highly unrealistic to how retail works.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by enyawd72
              Same here...all I wanted was a Dracula. The two closest Targets to me are 40 and 55 miles away. After driving almost 200 miles round trip to two stores...nothing. I really want to support Mego, but I don't have the time or energy to chase after these things.

Very disgusted by all the "VHTF" Ebay listings. Well, of course they're very hard to find when people who don't even want them buy them all to sell on Ebay at 3-4 times retail.
              And now they come and go on Target.com. Oh, well.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• tmthor
                God of Knock-offs
                • Nov 29, 2005

Quick follow up my son told me the rest the story when I got homeTarget he went to only got one case so far. so it was not as bad as it sounded.

Comment

• phil
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 11, 2007

I couldn't get to Target on Sunday but was able to go yesterday. They either didn't put them out yet or didn't get them yet. There was nothing to see not even an empty space where they might have been in any of the expected places.

Comment

• MEMEGO
                    Career Member
                    • Sep 6, 2007

Bronx nothing yet at my closet 2 stores.
                    Anyone have different experience in the Bronx? or Manhattan?

Comment

• josephcardone
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jun 10, 2010

The one I checked in Queens did not have them.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                        Persistent Member
                        • Sep 27, 2010

well I notice at my local target they redid the figure aisles a bit so maybe some luck this week.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

Is anybody asking the employees to check the stockroom? Most Targets have them and will look if you have the right number to search. The individual DCPI numbers don't help. You need the case DCPI. The one I know is for the Bela, AJ, and Sulu case. The number is: 087163112
                          Also for the boxed Jeannie set number:087162661
                          14" master case number:087162654
                          If you actually go to a store to look, give them these numbers.

Comment

• The Bat
                            Batman Fanatic
                            • Jul 14, 2002

Anybody know the DCPI number for the Star Trek Mirror, Mirror set? 😕
                            sigpic

Comment

• pmwasson
                              Maker
                              • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by The Bat
                              Anybody know the DCPI number for the Star Trek Mirror, Mirror set? ��
                              I believe it is 087-16-2631
                              sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Jan 19, 2008

Those numbers are great, aren't they?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢