X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Cornelius POTA
    That's what everyone said back in the day with Mego 1974 - 84. Who buys this stuff ? Nobody new to collect. I can remember $1.97 Mego figures on clearance as well to $1.00 at Woolworths.

Have the sticker and clam shell. Now their worth hundreds.

Nobody can really tell what the future investment will be on new 2018 Mego. In 2058, who knows ?? Just sayin....
    so a 40 plus year investment of a buck ninty-seven returned what? Not really a sound investment.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by generic
      That is true. No one can know for certain. However, we can make an educated guess based on what items from the past have become valuable today.

I don't think there is much of a cross over between toy collectors and fans of The Facts of Life or The Brady Bunch, so even though there may be people today buying them because of the 70s and 80s nostalgia, I don't see those figures being highly collectible in the future by people looking back fondly on 2018. No one knows for certain, but I have a short box of mint condition Spider-Man 2099 comic books from the early 1990s that isn't going to put anyone's kids through college
      To be fair, those Spider-man 2099 comics are a pretty good read as I recall. So at least there's that!

Comment

• generic
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by ODBJBG
        To be fair, those Spider-man 2099 comics are a pretty good read as I recall. So at least there's that!
        Yeah, Spider-Man 2099 started off great! Plus, I was really tired of all the crossovers by the early 90s. I thought, "This book takes place 100 years in the future. This will be awesome because it can't cross over with anything!" Then we got Doom 2099, Hulk 2099, X-Men 2099, Ravage 2099, etc. and it was the same mess -Haha!
        Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• Klosterheim
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 23, 2013

I now have a Dracula figure from the end cap of Target.

Mego Dracula is really, really cool!

Comment

• generic
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 25, 2009

Originally posted by Klosterheim
            I now have a Dracula figure from the end cap of Target.

Mego Dracula is really, really cool!
            Congratulations, Klosterheim! I just picked up Dracula today too. He is really, really cool indeed!
            Nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be.

Comment

• cjefferys
              Duke of Gloat
              • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Cornelius POTA
              That's what everyone said back in the day with Mego 1974 - 84. Who buys this stuff ? Nobody new to collect. I can remember $1.97 Mego figures on clearance as well to $1.00 at Woolworths.

Have the sticker and clam shell. Now their worth hundreds.

Nobody can really tell what the future investment will be on new 2018 Mego. In 2058, who knows ?? Just sayin....

Apples and oranges, there was almost no toy collecting culture back then. How many people were buying Megos back in the 70's to pack away until they were worth money in the future? Almost no one, except for a very few doll/movie collectors buying WOZ or early SF/Trek fans buying Trek figures. But those numbers are very tiny compared to all the people buying the new Megos for "investment". It's not the same thing at all.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Well-said.

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                No one said it was an investment, and I certainly don't think anyone here was treating them that way.

Only a scalper or a speculator would treat these like a money-making opportunity. I have very little respect for either. These are toys. I'm glad that you returned them, and hope they'll find their way into the hands of someone who can truly appreciate thrm.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Cornelius POTA
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2011

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  so a 40 plus year investment of a buck ninty-seven returned what? Not really a sound investment.
                  anywhere from $225.00 - $650.00 for me. can't speak for everyone. certain figures are hot and some are not, like the Waltons, Happy Days, etc.

Green Goblins, POTA, WGSH always get top dollar MINT.
                  Cornelius POTA sigpic MEGO of the Planet Of The Apes :ape:
                  :smiley13: Cornelius is home.
                  I'm in a groove and on the move collecting Mego POTA figures. PM me anytime.

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

I thought I bought all the ones I wanted.

Then Fonzie called to me. They have that power, you know.

Comment

• callistofreak
                      Who stole my stuff !!!
                      • Jul 1, 2006

Do we know when? or who will be in wave 2 yet???
                      sigpicWho stole my stuff !!!

Comment

• Klosterheim
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 23, 2013

Originally posted by generic
                        Congratulations, Klosterheim! I just picked up Dracula today too. He is really, really cool indeed!
                        Thanks!

And, there is something very special about the new Mego card package.

It is a nice feeling to have such a good toy in the collection.

Comment

• callistofreak
                          Who stole my stuff !!!
                          • Jul 1, 2006

For those of you that bought some for $$$ reasons, I just helped you out.
                          I couldn't take it any more, I just opened my Mirror, mirror set & Sulu & Checkov.
                          Your welcome.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                            One eyed, wonder
                            • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by callistofreak
                            For those of you that bought some for $$$ reasons, I just helped you out.
                            I couldn't take it any more, I just opened my Mirror, mirror set & Sulu & Checkov.
                            Your welcome.
                            You are my hero!

Comment

• TRDouble
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by pmwasson
                              I've been buying duplicates, not because I think they will go up in value, but its a cheap way to get bodies and clothes for customizing. I'm sure if they do go on clearance I will stock up on more, especially Norm because of his larger body type.
                              With the new neck plug, how are you handling the plug heads on the new bodies?

Comment

• callistofreak
                                Who stole my stuff !!!
                                • Jul 1, 2006

I didn't go that far, but I did check out the NEW MEGO (T3?) body a little.
                                The bodies are very nice. They have just a little more weight to them, than the original T2's

THERE ARE NO ISSUES WITH THE BODY JOINTS, LIKE MATTEL HAD!

I pulled of Sulu's head just to check out the new feature. Once I put his head back on,
                                It's a little loose. If you break the pin, your out of luck. Made me nervous, lol.
                                I'll put him in some sun light to see if this corrects it's self.
                                But if you don't have a reason to take off the head, don't.

If I had to complain(I'm NOT) I would say I like the original neck plug best.
                                BUT I'M NOT COMPLAINING! I LOVE THE NEW MEGO!!
                                THANK YOU PAUL & MARTY !!!!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎