Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emce Trek figures vs Mego 2018 (Target exclusives)?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cdhall
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 14, 2004

Emce Trek figures vs Mego 2018 (Target exclusives)?

I hesitate to dump my Emce figures but I wonder if they are worth more or less now?
    I was holding them for a project so now I don’t need them.

HOWEVER, I guess I should keep them so I can use the costumes later.

I have a small army of Scottys and Romulans. I pulled them from storage today.

I’m going to get rid of stuff finally now that that project is dead and presumably better figures are on the way if I want them.

I guess checking eBay completed auctions would have answered my question on what the Emces are worth now?
    —-
    “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
    - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
    - Captain Spock
    https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ
  • Mego Magyar
    Permanent Member
    • Jan 17, 2011

I don't see them dropping in any value until the new ones are actually a available.
    Right now that's Sulu, Chekov and Mirror Kirk & Spock

Comment

• cdhall
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 14, 2004

I just now surveyed my Meg/Emce stash...

I didn’t realize that the first wave of Megos are Emces! I have 2 Emce Chekov and Sulu and 1 Mirror Kirk and Spock!!

They are the same figures! Same sculpts but the Emces had no accessories, the Megos are fully loaded with Phaser, Comm, and Tricorder! I’m also sure the Megos have solid lower legs. I’ll keep them. I haven’t yet opened a new Mego.

I believe my son has at least one of each Emce, mostly opened. I have many Scotty, a Romulan, a Keeper (why?) and a sealed Khan.

But my point of this post was to say that I had no idea the Chekov, Sulu and Mirror set were Emce repros lol!!!

Interesting. Even fascinating.

Peace and long life.
      —-
      - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• Liu Bei
        Banned
        • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by cdhall

I didn’t realize that the first wave of Megos are Emces! I have 2 Emce Chekov and Sulu and 1 Mirror Kirk and Spock!!

They are the same figures! Same sculpts but the Emces had no accessories, the Megos are fully loaded with Phaser, Comm, and Tricorder! I’m also sure the Megos have solid lower legs. I’ll keep them. I haven’t yet opened a new Mego.

I believe my son has at least one of each Emce, mostly opened. I have many Scotty, a Romulan, a Keeper (why?) and a sealed Khan.

But my point of this post was to say that I had no idea the Chekov, Sulu and Mirror set were Emce repros lol!!!

Peace and long life.
        Somewhat. The neck plugs are different. But I remember awhile back saying the head sculpts were exactly the same. The new ones also have a Mego stamp, of course.

Comment

• Joshua the Atomic Robot
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 14, 2012

The Emce/DST Mirror Universe Kirk and Spock also had the skin color painted on their faces instead of being molded in the correct color of plastic, and it was pretty unappealing. These new ones have the same sculpts I believe, but are molded in the correct skin color and look much nicer.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

The Emce repro Treks had the same accessories as their vintage counterparts. The Romulan included a red tricorder.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

I haven't got my new Mego ones yet, but from what I can tell, the only real difference is the heads. the EMCE versions has all the same accessories. color of the skin on the Sulu and Chekov seems a little different and as already mentioned, the EMCE mirror Kirk/Spock were paint flesh color, which looks terrible. although the Mego Mirror kirk looks to have the eyebrows a bit off. can't say fore sure until I have it to inspect closely

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Peace and long life.
                The EMCE Trek did have accessories, Kirk, Spock, Scotty, McCoy, Klingon and Romulan had weapons belt with Phaser and Comm and I believe Spock, McCoy, Uhura, Klingon and Romulan also had tricorders.

Comment

• cdhall
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 14, 2004

Emce Accessories Correction thanks tjacwave50!

I can look before I put them up again. I can even take a group photo of them all.
                  Chekov and Sulu have nothing however as I said unless I removed them.
                  I only checked Khan otherwise.
                  But my son’s stash has (almost) all.
                  No Salt Vampire or Pike for example.

CORRECTION:
                  I looked over them quickly just now and moved them to a different storage box and I see that I have a note with them all that says who had what accessories.

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                  The EMCE Trek did have accessories, Kirk, Spock, Scotty, McCoy, Klingon and Romulan had weapons belt with Phaser and Comm and I believe Spock, McCoy, Uhura, Klingon and Romulan also had tricorders.
                  tjacwave50 appears to be correct. My notes at the time say
                  Phaser/Comm Belt: Klingon, Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scotty, Chekov
                  Tricorder: Spock, McCoy, Chekov, Uhura, Romulan (Red Tricorder)

I can see one Romulan has a belt with a Red Comm in it...

The note was apparently to inventory what was not with the figures. I have no note on where I put the accessories.... The accessories are not in the other 2 boxes with Emces (and Green Lantern, Sinestro and Luthor) and my original Enterprise set. I checked the box with my original Megos and they aren't there. I didn't carefully check my AC Controlled Storage though. I may have something in there still. Actually, I do have my 2 Enterprises, Diamond Select Phaser and Comm are in there, and I think my TMNT are in there somewhere so the Trek Accessories could be there too.

I know you all were anxiously reading this hoping to find out what happened to my stuff... you're welcome!

My apologies for the ramble, but as I did pick up a few of my Megos and one Scotty Emce, it was cool and I am sort of afraid to open and pick up a new Mego. I might never get back to work...!
                  Last edited by cdhall; Jul 31, '18, 2:10 AM. Reason: correction
                  —-
                  - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• tllgn
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 6, 2010

the emce star trek figures were excellent .so much so i bought 3 sets ,and will get the megos as well .i love the classic card art on the emces ,sulu has a differant skin tone .and the gorn was great as well as the
                    rest of the aliens ,looking forward to see scotty redone ,his face was to orange and a kinda skinny head compared to the orignal scottie also his tunic was sloppy around the collar ,and uhura was kinda sloppy-her
                    tunic was awful .so those two when mego redoes them ,i am sure will be corrected .

Comment

• TrekStar
                      Trek or Treat
                      • Jan 20, 2011

I can look before I put them up again. I can even take a group photo of them all.
                      Chekov and Sulu have nothing however as I said unless I removed them.
                      I only checked Khan otherwise.
                      But my son’s stash has (almost) all.
                      No Salt Vampire or Pike for example.

CORRECTION:
                      I looked over them quickly just now and moved them to a different storage box and I see that I have a note with them all that says who had what accessories.

tjacwave50 appears to be correct. My notes at the time say
                      Phaser/Comm Belt: Klingon, Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scotty, Chekov
                      Tricorder: Spock, McCoy, Chekov, Uhura, Romulan (Red Tricorder)

I can see one Romulan has a belt with a Red Comm in it...

The note was apparently to inventory what was not with the figures. I have no note on where I put the accessories.... The accessories are not in the other 2 boxes with Emces (and Green Lantern, Sinestro and Luthor) and my original Enterprise set. I checked the box with my original Megos and they aren't there. I didn't carefully check my AC Controlled Storage though. I may have something in there still. Actually, I do have my 2 Enterprises, Diamond Select Phaser and Comm are in there, and I think my TMNT are in there somewhere so the Trek Accessories could be there too.

I know you all were anxiously reading this hoping to find out what happened to my stuff... you're welcome!

My apologies for the ramble, but as I did pick up a few of my Megos and one Scotty Emce, it was cool and I am sort of afraid to open and pick up a new Mego. I might never get back to work...!
                      I know Doc Mego has those EMCE weapons belts and tricorders on his website sold separately, if you need or want them.

Comment

• cdhall
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 14, 2004

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                        I know Doc Mego has those EMCE weapons belts and tricorders on his website sold separately, if you need or want them.
                        Yes!
                        Fortunately for is he does. That’s how we got here today I think.
                        I’m right now dying of curiosity to find out where they are. I may go to my storage in a few minutes. I meant to go earlier.
                        I’m not sure what to do with everything now.
                        Thank you.
                        —-
                        - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍