X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by cockyhoskins
    I don't think any of them are sold out. It's not like people were lined up around the block to buy the new Megos, and 10,000 figures sold out overnight. I think it's more of a really bad rollout by Target themselves. I bet in a week they will be plentiful on shelves, and we will be laughing about the panic we were all feeling.
    I gotta agree with this. We don't know what the distribution centers are setup for comapred to the website coders.

I went to two last week and the toy areas looked like bombs went off. With Target, you normally don't see new product until the clearance sections are down to an endcap or two. Whoever said Wednesday is probably accurate.

Comment

• cdhall
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 14, 2004

Originally posted by ZombieJimC
      I feel nauseous, disappointed and dejected. I was so looking forward to this day.
      This is sad. I’m sorry to read it.

Remember I’m an amateur at this but I don’t understand why if Doc was doing R&D here, that he didn’t have a Museum pre-order post that would allow members to buy in advance and let Mego put back those so the Museum members were hooked up. Or something similar. I’ve had many ideas, I’ll submit them to him including this one.

Also are the limited editions less or more valuable if the same figures come out later, maybe even on different cards, without the xxxxx/10,000 sticker? Could that be done?

Surely when the Target exclusive is over and the bodies are upgraded, they could release the figures then when there is no Target exclusive, use different packaging like resealable clam shells and they’d be both different figures and more appealing to collectors who could pose them for display and/or reseal them in the clamshell (or box) right?
      —-
      “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
      - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
      - Captain Spock
      https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by ZombieJimC
        I feel nauseous, disappointed and dejected. I was so looking forward to this day.
        I feel you, buddy.

Somebody said this was going to be "Christmas in July". For me, I feel like I ran downstairs and... not only were there no presents, but somebody stole the Christmas tree...

Comment

• cdhall
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 14, 2004

Lots of near simultaneous posts going on.

I want to speculate that this only looks good for the post-Target era. The next retailers will have an opportunity to do better. I’m sure Mego.toys (well...) will sell them online. I have a thought about that for Doc.

And maybe they’ll boost production. Remember there are 3 waves this year and once they meet Targets demands/contract there will be new bodies. When the new bodies hit I do expect there to be plenty and that they’ll be easy to buy.

Surely when Target sells out or goofs up both of those only strengthen Mego’s position!
          —-
          “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
          - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
          - Captain Spock
          https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• RonnyG
            Career Member
            • Apr 23, 2014

I went to two Targets in Los Angeles at 7am. Nothing! Went up and down every toy aisle and electronics section. I spotted two other grown men like me without kids by themselves in the toy section, too. lol I didn't ask. Competition, maybe?
            Last edited by RonnyG; Jul 29, '18, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• Liu Bei
              Banned
              • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by cdhall
              Lots of near simultaneous posts going on.

I want to speculate that this only looks good for the post-Target era. The next retailers will have an opportunity to do better. I’m sure Mego.toys (well...) will sell them online. I have a thought about that for Doc.

And maybe they’ll boost production. Remember there are 3 waves this year and once they meet Targets demands/contract there will be new bodies. When the new bodies hit I do expect there to be plenty and that they’ll be easy to buy.

Surely when Target sells out or goofs up both of those only strengthen Mego’s position!
              I hope you're right. And I think you've got some great ideas. Hopefully we see these hit mass retail sooner rather than later. Target has ***** the bed royally.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                Banned
                • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by sprytel
                I feel you, buddy.

Somebody said this was going to be "Christmas in July". For me, I feel like I ran downstairs and... not only were there no presents, but somebody stole the Christmas tree...
                Same here. Pretty dejected. I never dreamed Action Jackson would have sold out so quickly. That was my biggest want out of all of these.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                  Wake Up Heavy
                  • Jan 31, 2010

Online is telling me there are none available in stores, but my friend sent me a picture last night of a Chekov he picked up IN A LOCAL STORE. He said they had Sulu etc. I doubt that they all got snatched up this morning where I live, but who knows.
                  Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• RonnyG
                    Career Member
                    • Apr 23, 2014

Why do they only have 5 Mego products listed on the Target website????
                    Last week, there were 14 products??
                    Why did they take 9 down?

Comment

• comicmike
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 22, 2009

I feel you, buddy.

Thank you for words. They help name how I'm feeling.

Le Sigh.

Comment

• josephcardone
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 10, 2010

This is my humble opinion. Most of us on here have always helped each other - The follow up to my earlier posting was what I was thinking (thanks to a fellow member) If we don’t panic and pay double or triple the price then the entrepreneurs will stop hoarding them to make a short term profit. I am sure we can help each other get them. I am quite positive that it was not Paul’s intention to have us pay over retail. He is one of us
                        Last edited by josephcardone; Jul 29, '18, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 27, 2010

none at the target by me,I wasn’t expecting to find any.

Comment

• drogge
                            Career Member
                            • Jul 24, 2009

I got them all at my local Targets, it was a bit of a challenge, the 1st one I went to would sell me two, representative said there was a 1 per customer limit but he would allow me to buy 2. I though this was odd, I asked aren't you going to stock them on the pegs anyway? He said no. Really weird. So I bought two and went down the road to the next Target. The representative initially said they were only going to be online but agreed to go check in the back. He came back with all of them. A miracle, and while I was buying these another customer called on the phone to check on them. I could hear him telling the customer they would be out Monday or Tuesday, kind of strange since he just pulled out everything from the back for me to go through. Wow. These are going to be selling out quickly. Also, I saw once again what is coming out in the next waves on his portable inventory checker. There are a lot of Megos on the horizon.

Comment

• Cornelius POTA
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 19, 2011

I feel you, buddy.

lol that's a good one, sprytel....what about cookies and milk? please tell me that they left the cookies and milk?
                              Cornelius POTA sigpic MEGO of the Planet Of The Apes :ape:
                              :smiley13: Cornelius is home.
                              I'm in a groove and on the move collecting Mego POTA figures. PM me anytime.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                                Wake Up Heavy
                                • Jan 31, 2010

Yeah, I'm starting to think a lot of the stores just aren't putting them out yet. I usually go on Monday mornings to shop, and that's when the stores here restock. That's why they aren't showing up as "In store" online. There's no way my town sold out of these within the last hour.

Also, stores were obviously putting them out early, and weren't showing up as available "In store" on their website, so things aren't totally synced up.
                                Last edited by Iron Mego; Jul 29, '18, 11:14 AM.
                                Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎