Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ubermanx
    Career Member
    • Jul 3, 2013

I went to bed an Action Jackson was "coming soon" on the Canadian Target order site. This morning the checkout button is missing. Ugghhh.

- Marty

Comment

• Psykodelik Vampyre
      Museum Patron
      • Jan 22, 2018

Target really dropped the ball on this one, so I won't be able to get any Mego Trek figures...
      https://www.reverbnation.com/psykodelikvampyres

Comment

• josephcardone
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 10, 2010

I wonder if some of these that are not available online were never put online. Did anyone get either one of the (2) packs last night?

Comment

• KLAATU
          Museum Patron
          • Feb 3, 2009

I noticed these weren't shown in Target's weekly print ad (or online ad). "Back in the day", all the Target exclusives seemed to be advertised that way.

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Psykodelik Vampyre
            Target really dropped the ball on this one, so I won't be able to get any Mego Trek figures...
            Target and their online ordering really isn't very good at all for collectibles, as I am sure the Funko crowd can attest too. I missed the Flocked Bugs Bunny Pop! And the one I really wanted, the Black Panther T-Shirt and Pop! Set, which showed up at my Target weeks later (despite being in the Ad two weeks prior) and I only saw one set that was the wrong shirt size (I wanted the shirt more than the Pop!).

I'm still confident these will be in enough stores though, although some will sell out quickly. I just hope we don't see a glut of these magically "reappear" on the shelves 90 days from now.

Comment

• Liu Bei
              Banned
              • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by josephcardone
              I wonder if some of these that are not available online were never put online. Did anyone get either one of the (2) packs last night?
              I'd like to know as well. There is no way that I Dream of Jeannie was selling out faster than Chekov and Sulu. I just don't believe it. I can't see how Action Jackson out-sold them either.

Comment

• Psykodelik Vampyre
                Museum Patron
                • Jan 22, 2018

Well, right now they're making the scalpers richer...

^^^ ^^^
                https://www.reverbnation.com/psykodelikvampyres

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Both of my closest stores have nothing, but one is scheduled to receive them. I'm fearing I'll have to rely on members here for product.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 27, 2010

I just went online and saw they were down to five products.wow.Im happy for mego they sold but what disappointed somehow.I ordered fonz,kelly and jimi,glad I didn't wait til later.
                    Last edited by powersthatbe; Jul 29, '18, 9:46 AM.

Comment

• cockyhoskins
                      Career Member
                      • Jan 13, 2009

I don't think any of them are sold out. It's not like people were lined up around the block to buy the new Megos, and 10,000 figures sold out overnight. I think it's more of a really bad rollout by Target themselves. I bet in a week they will be plentiful on shelves, and we will be laughing about the panic we were all feeling.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                        Banned
                        • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by cockyhoskins
                        I don't think any of them are sold out. It's not like people were lined up around the block to buy the new Megos, and 10,000 figures sold out overnight. I think it's more of a really bad rollout by Target themselves. I bet in a week they will be plentiful on shelves, and we will be laughing about the panic we were all feeling.
                        I hope so. Target has definitely bungled this. The extent of it is unknown at the moment.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                          Banned
                          • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Psykodelik Vampyre
                          Well, right now they're making the scalpers richer...

^^^ ^^^
                          Yep. I had a discussion with someone about this scenario awhile back. For whatever reason, he/she was convinced scalpers wouldn't be an issue. Unfortunately I was right and they were wrong. Scalpers are cleaning up right now. Action Jackson just went for $40 bucks on ebay, Wonder Woman for $60.

Comment

• ZombieJimC
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 12, 2014

I feel nauseous, disappointed and dejected. I was so looking forward to this day.

Comment

• cdhall
                              Persistent Member
                              • Aug 14, 2004

Originally posted by cockyhoskins
                              I have to disagree again but remember, I’m an amateur.

I got really nervous when I saw they were limited to 10,000. Now with the spotty rollout I’m more nervous. Fortunately I got the Treks last week.

But if there are 2,000 members on this Museum (just a guess) and we all buy 2 each, that’s 4,000 right there which is almost half the supply. If any of the “public” want them they could be sold out today. Luckily that can’t happen since apparently they are not widely or properly available.

I crashed and didn’t hit Target at 8am. I will try to hit one at 10:30 that was holding a Mirror Diorama for me Thurs night but I couldn’t go back for it. If I hit that one (Target #4 in my gallery), and especially end cap Target (#1 in my gallery) I’ll report back.
                              —-
                              “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
                              - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
                              - Captain Spock
                              https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• greensavage2000
                                Veteran Member
                                • Aug 9, 2013

None here in central Ohio. I'm very disappointed. I started looking before today because some Targets were putting them out early. This just prolonged my irritation. When I talked to employees it seemed no one knew anything concrete about this. The one concrete thing I thought I knew, the release date, was also not something that couldn't be counted on.
                                I was able to order chekov online. I missed out on sulu. I want them to sell well but I also was hoping to have the opportunity to buy them too. I am told some are still on the way to be in stores here so that's good news. I wonder how many they actually had reserved for online sales.
                                Don't get me wrong, I'm still thrilled mego is back. It just seems Target has really mishandled this roll out. I just hope it doesn't hurt mego in the long run. I also hope I can get the figures I want. It's definitely not good for me or mego if this works this bad in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎