X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Help with GI Joe military jeep

A local estate sale has a pair of GI Joe jeeps available. I had a bunch of Adventure Team stuff as a kid in the early 70s, but from talking to the folks who run the estate sale, these were from circa 1968ish.

One was in decent shape and had a trailer, the other is a bit banged up and just the jeep. I tried looking on ebay to see what a good price was and couldn't come up with anything that was a good match, but did see that there were Marx toys scaled to GI Joe that weren't actual Joe toys, and there was a jeep among them. I will post a pic below from the estate sale site of the two jeeps, but I was wondering if someone more familiar than I with classic Joe could tell me if this is an actual GI Joe jeep or a Marx and what would be a good price range for these in the condition they are in to help me decide if I want to go back for these or not (assuming they are still available)

they were asking $40 for the jeep/trailer set and $5 for the banged up jeep, but prices are reduced for everything left on Sunday.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

its Hasbro Joe. They'd have sued the pants off Marx if they put the GI Joe name on the hood like that. Ebay should have tons of them for sale
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

here is what it should look like:
      http://www.vintage3djoes.com/officia...ombat-set.html

Honestly those are both worth about 5 bucks. I'd leave them behind and find a better set somewhere.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MRP
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        its Hasbro Joe. They'd have sued the pants off Marx if they put the GI Joe name on the hood like that. Ebay should have tons of them for sale
        Thank you for the response. I vaguely remember some friends of the family had that jeep, but it was my fiends older brothers who had it. so it was a few years before my Joe years. I saw a few listings for the jeep with the gun on ebay but wasn't sure if it was the same piece, as I don't remember the gun form seeing it as a kid. I am more interested in getting some of the Adventure Team stuff I had than the older military vehicles, but if it was a good deal I might have bit on it.

-M
        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Neutron X
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 22, 2007

The jeep was issued through the 70s. What is often missing is windshield, steering wheel, and tailgate. The problem with jeeps is they take up a lot of room. Great piece but one to watch as far as space eaters.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

I found a complete one on ebay for under 100. The seller ate it on shipping, too. Two boxes to get it here.

Comment

• MRP
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 19, 2016

Thanks for all the help. The one with the trailer had sold before I got back and I passed on the beat up one. i'll keep looking for other Joe stuff though.

-M

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎