Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tllgn
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 6, 2010

since they are priced to move ,and i love the package ,ill get two of each .i bought two belas draculas ...you just got to have one to take out ,its an awesome figure ,

Comment

• cdhall
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 14, 2004

I finally opened Sulu.
      He was a bit stiff.
      Oh my.
      I have not taken the plastic off the weapons or removed his uniform to see why he has trouble standing but I’ve got him standing on my printer by my computer.

I tore the card art some when I opened him which doesn’t matter to me. I’ll save the card for reference. I may open Chekov with an exacto knife because the bubble (?) came off the card pretty easily and it wouldn’t take much to save the card I think. I don’t know the Acetone trick. I may check the museum or YouTube for a video.

But, the bubble is a 2 piece thing that now serves as a plastic case that I can leave him in for storage apparently.

I noticed on the Emces that the entire card was encased in a clamshell with a seal. So now I have a bunch of Emces in a box which are pointy, sharp instruments of pain because you had to cut the sealed edges off of the Emce clamshell to open it.

Between the 2, I prefer the Mego I think but there must have been a better way to protect the cards (which I’m not fond of, I think Emce did a better job with the cards). I’m sure if I poked around on here I could find a better solution. I have no experience with whoever made the resealable clam shells.

I think I preferred boxes as a kid, they were like the cryo tubes from Lost in Space in my opinion and I thought they were perfect ways to store and display my stuff as I recall.

I may post again if I examine the Mego bodies on Sunday but there is some stuff going on on other threads that may expedite my departure. Since I can’t share photos here easily I’m not of much value to the museum. I do appreciate that I can learn stuff by reading here and perhaps that will continue.

I’m on my phone, I think I’m on s Sulu thread...so I’ll go ahead and mention that I may make a post elsewhere about online bullying, someone brought it up days ago somewhere and their point about the cool kids has recently been illustrated.

So anyway, Sulu is open. Won’t stand up straight. Joints seem to pop or catch on something. 8inchsuperstore is still down for maintenance so I wonder if they got a cease and decist order from Mego but I want to see a better body.

It’s 2018 after all. We can 3D print human organs and we have a working robotic lab on Mars, we should get an Amazing State of The Art Mego out of this. James Brady, Dave McC, Type S and Type 3 bodies have blazed a trail.

I have all 3 Trek Emces and have bought and given away or returned to the store a Dracula and AJ so I’m supporting the return and doing my part to increase distribution. I’m hoping Doc and Marty step it up. It is simply incredible that Doc has brought Mego back to life with Marty!! I’ve also always loved Target and having these so readily available in so many conveniently located stores is incredible!

To paraphrase Mr. Scott, any man who could manage such a feat, I would not dare to second guess.
      Last edited by cdhall; Aug 2, '18, 7:51 AM. Reason: Fixed typos
      —-
      “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
      - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
      - Captain Spock
      https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• magicaride64
        • Jul 31, 2018

if you want the full mego experience, but out of a store off the peg rush them home and open them and play with them. then buy Plastic Clamshell (sold on amazon) then hang them up for full display. open them and close them

Comment

• smonte00
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 19, 2005

I scored a Mirror, Mirror 2 pack today and I’m going to open it up. I sometimes keep stuff in the package, but this box, as nice as it is takes up a lot of space. Maybe I’ll flatten the box out and keep it for a while, but I can’t store it like it is now. And there’ll probably be more 2 packs in the next waves too.

Comment

• cdhall
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 14, 2004

I’m not fond of the Diorama. Something is rattling in there also. I’m reorganizing and may open Chekov and Mirror tomorrow and compare to Emces. I guess I have Mirror Mirrors.
            Lol.
            —-
            “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
            - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
            - Captain Spock
            https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍