• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

Confirmed - Mark Hammill and Carrie Fisher returning for Episode 9

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2018/0...ker-returning/

I had been thinking they would use unused footage to close out Leia's arc. Luke returning was a no brainer
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

This news makes me giddy with delight.

Let's not forget John Williams, arguably the most important Star Wars performer.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
      HULK SMASH!
      • Apr 3, 2010

Awesome news.
      Also very pleased about the casting of Richard E. Grant.
      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

I wanna be excited for a new Star Wars movie...but after TLJ I'm just not feeling it. I'm glad J.J.'s back though...maybe he can fix Rian Johnson's mess.
        sigpic

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by The Bat
          I wanna be excited for a new Star Wars movie...but after TLJ I'm just not feeling it. I'm glad J.J.'s back though...maybe he can fix Rian Johnson's mess.
          I mean, JJ created the mess in the first place, so I doubt it.
          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
            I mean, JJ created the mess in the first place, so I doubt it.
            You may be right Andy, that Abrams started the ball rolling with this storyline and the new characters...but from what I understand, J.J. was NOT HAPPY with direction of Rian Johnson's TLJ...it was not what he had planned at ALL for the future of the Star Wars saga.
            sigpic

Comment

• YoungOnce
              Career Member
              • Aug 29, 2007

I loved TFA. I loved seeing the old characters. I loved the introduction of the new characters. I thought JJ set up some really cool things that could play out over the length of a new trilogy. And it ended on the best cliff-hanger since ESB.

Just my personal take of course.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

I also like TFA. I think JJ set up a trilogy but then Johnson wanted to do his own thing. thus, killing off Snoke suddenly, etc. I liked TLJ but was not so happy about some of the things they did, storywise

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

Honestly, I like both TFA and TLJ, but I feel Rian Johnson gets a lot of blame that belongs to JJ for setting up a mystery box with no plot set in place and then handing the reigns to someone else to try and fill in the blanks. It's the same thing he did with Lost.
                  Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 23, 2013

Sometimes the mystery is better than finding the answers and knowledge.

'The hunt is better than the kill'

Comment

• YoungOnce
                      Career Member
                      • Aug 29, 2007

Well, if you're doing a trilogy of movies, I would kinda assume that the first two of those movies would have to set up some things for the long payoff.

I don't know what was set up in TFA that was going to be a drudgery to have to resolve. I thought the characters were set on arcs that were interesting (at least to me). The problem is that the next director wasn't interested in those beats and came up with his own, quickly casting aside what had been valued by the previous director.

There's something to be said maybe for each artist pursuing his own vision, but in the format of trilolgy-long story, this one has me befuddled. It's just disjointed storytelling. Is that the new thing? Maybe I'm just an old fogey.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

I understand why some folks dislike TLJ, but honestly, where was Johnson supposed to go with Luke's character? JJ painted him in a corner. Luke HAD to be a disgruntled deserter based on what we were told in TFA. If Rey had shown up and he was suddenly "Oh, I'm needed? I had no idea. Let's go!" then it would have seriously undermined the storyline. Johnson took it to the logical conclusion, as possibly unsatisfying as that might be to some.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                          I understand why some folks dislike TLJ, but honestly, where was Johnson supposed to go with Luke's character? JJ painted him in a corner. Luke HAD to be a disgruntled deserter based on what we were told in TFA. If Rey had shown up and he was suddenly "Oh, I'm needed? I had no idea. Let's go!" then it would have seriously undermined the storyline. Johnson took it to the logical conclusion, as possibly unsatisfying as that might be to some.

Chris
                          I agree zero percent with this.

Comment

• enyawd72
                            Maker of Monsters!
                            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

Chris
                            I completely disagree with this. News of Han Solo's death at the hands of Kylo Ren should have been enough to spur the REAL Luke Skywalker to action. Rian Johnson is 100% to blame for making Luke a bitter old jerk who tried to murder his own nephew in his sleep. That is unforgivable.

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by enyawd72
                              the REAL Luke Skywalker .
                              I have some bad news for you, you may want to sit.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎