Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cockyhoskins
    Career Member
    • Jan 13, 2009

It's amazing the detail in both the original car and in this model. Enjoyed scanning the pictures. Looks great so far!

Comment

• NemVia
      Museum Patron
      • Oct 12, 2007

Thanks, my friend. I do as well.

Re: My 1/8 Scale BTTF Delorean (WIP)
      Edit

Report this post

SEPTEMBER UPDATES - 2019
      New exterior car body pieces arriving, finally! It's nice to work on some of the small details for this build, but every now and then it's great to see the larger parts arrive in the mail as well. This month I received Issues 63 - 66 and these included the Hood and framework for the trunk, the trunk interior and some more switches to operate the dome light when the doors are opened. All 4 of these issues are relatively quick to put together. The hood is made from metal as well as the air-pistons that are used to hold the trunk open. The pistons did have an issue, though. When opening the hood the mounting bracket pieces that are in the pistons would pull out from the metal tubes. I used some Maxi-cure to re-cement them into the tubes. This seems to work. But the reason they probably pulled out in the first place is that the piston tubes are very hard to pull open and slide closed. So I opened the hood as far as it would go, got some WD-40 and sprayed it on a tissue, then rubbed it onto the smaller part of the piston that slides into the larger tube. After a few open and closings, the pistons operated a lot smoother and I don't have to worry about the brackets being pulled out again. (I hope) For some of the smaller details in ISSUE 66 there are some more springs and door catches to assemble as well as the door locks which contains some micro switches, these also had some tiny springs to add in. Not very fond of those. I did have one fly away from me in an earlier issue, but fortunately I found it. Sometimes you need to work on these tine parts with over a white floor just in case something like this happens. (Wish I had a white floor) So, with these Issues, the piece-count for the build so far is about 1,079 pieces, including screws and wiring, etc. I haven't done this in a while, but the car now weighs in at 13.1 lbs (5.94kg). As a young Marty would say: "That's heavy, Doc". The weight includes the front left fender and the bumper assembly. I'll have to use a different scale next time because the one I'm using is for small measuring, up to 13 lbs. (5.89 kg)
      Anyway, there are 23 new pics on the "1/8 scale BTTF DeLorean" page, so check 'em out and let me know what you think!
      In the next issue (67) I will be receiving the driver's side door assembly. I'm really looking forward to that. Thanks for checking the sight! More to come next month!

SEPTEMBER UPDATEs - 2019 - (Supplemental)
      Again, it's rare that I can get 2 updates in during a one month span, but when I saw the Driver's side door in Issues 67 - 70 I wanted to get moving o this. The door assembly is very easy to put together. It comes with hinges and support piston as well as lighting around the lower frame of the door and the two window pieces are now in place. There is a gear mechanism that will allow the smaller window to go up and down, via a thumb gear located in the bottom of the door. There is some very minor wiring that needed to be done, but that was relatively east to install. There is an issue with the door staying open though. The screws that are provided for the hydraulic arm bracket strip very easily. They will not thread properly into the frame. I will be doing a "fix" for that hopefully by the next update. I've added 24 new pics to the "1/8 scale BTTF DeLorean" page. If you get a chance to check them out, let me know what you think. Hopefully the passenger side door will arrive in the next bundle. Thanks for checking the update. I should have another one shortly.
      Mark

Last edited by NemVia; Sep 18, '19, 11:12 AM.
      ...Once it's activated, there's no way to stop it! - Scotty: DMa
      www.NemVia.org

Comment

• cockyhoskins
        Career Member
        • Jan 13, 2009

Looking great!

Comment

• NemVia
          Museum Patron
          • Oct 12, 2007

Originally posted by cockyhoskins
          Looking great!
          Thanks, my friend!

OCTOBER UPDATES - 2019

Okay, back to work again, with a bit of disappointment included with this group of issued. Although I was forewarned that this was going to happen, it still is a bit irksome. Eaglemoss sent me a message a few days after I posted the September supplemental update saying that their suppliers had run out of one or more of the next upcoming issues. I wasn't totally sure what to expect, but I was under the impression that I wouldn't receive anything from them for a month or two, but the following week I saw that I was billed for my next 4 Issues. I didn't look too closely at the issue numbers on the billing invoice, but I thought that the issue with the out of stock issues was remedied. I received my box and opened it up as usual to photograph the Assembly instruction booklets and I saw that I received Issues 71, 72, 73, and 78. A little distraught I re-checked the email invoice and it matched what I received. A little bummed about what I got, I proceeded with the assembly up to 73. I can't do anything with issue 78 until I receive Issue 75, 76, and 77, so 78 will have to be put aside until Eaglemoss catches up with their distributers. I think I would rather have waited for the proper issues came in the correct order, but here we are. So, what I was able to do this month was assemble just the door parts and the door for the passenger side, but Issue 74 didn't come which contains the hinge assembly parts to connect the door to the car frame, so I will not post an overall progress pic for this update. However, since I received some of the MODs that I wanted I was able to add those into the car for this update. The MODs include the car floor mats, a new Xmas tree component and a more detailed version of the Flux Capacitor. Both of these contain much better lighting effects that are closer to the screen version of the car. Hopefully by the next Issue cycle, everything will be caught up and I can give you a better progress update. But, I do have 26 new pics added to the 1/8 scale BTTF DeLorean page, so check them out and let me know what you think! More to come, keep checking for the November Updates
          Mark
          The top link will take you to the latest pictures, the bottom link will take you to the homepage.

100_8412.jpg
          Last edited by NemVia; Oct 16, '19, 4:15 PM.
          www.NemVia.org

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Sucks that you're stuck without the four missing issues. It's looking great!

Comment

• cockyhoskins
              Career Member
              • Jan 13, 2009

Looking great! Stinks about the four issues. That's the reason I've never done one of these. I'm sure it'll get worked out though.

Comment

• NemVia
                Museum Patron
                • Oct 12, 2007

NOVEMBER UPDATES - 2019

Hey everyone! Well, still no word on when I'll receive my missing issues which are now Issues 75, 76 and 77. I really don't know what Eaglemoss will be sending me until I get my next automated order. They did send me Issue 74 which is the issue that has the hinge panel for the passenger side gull wing door, so I was able to get that into place, and I also received Issues 79, 80 and 81. 79 & 80 are the passenger side rear panel and trim assemblies, which are very easy to assemble. Issue 80 also has similar parts to Issue 78 which are the trim pieces for the rear panels as well as the mounting brackets for some of the lighting effects. Issue 81 has a part called the "engine surround" which will eventually be filled up with wiring and more greeblies. I have 17 new pics added to the 1/8 scale BTTF DeLorean page which includes the pics and parts for Issue 74 which is now in sequential order. Now, depending on when my next shipment will get here will determine if there will be an update for December. My busy season begins next month so I might not have too much time or energy to get anything done. If not, there will be a big update on January of 2020. Who knows. Well, that's it for this update. Keep checking the website and we'll see you next update!
                Mark

100_8432.jpg

100_8439.jpg
                www.NemVia.org

Comment

• NemVia
                  Museum Patron
                  • Oct 12, 2007

JANUARY UPDATES - 2020
                  Well, it's now 2020 and so far, this year has not started off well in the DeLorean build department. I received Issues 88 through 91 in December, but found out that there were two things that needed to be taken care of before I could move forward on the build. 1) and most importantly, I discovered that while trying to add the assembly Issue 91 to the engine which, by the way is the engine air filter assembly, I found that I had put the left and right air intakes, on the manifolds, facing the wrong direction. A major OOOPS! I decided to put off working on this project until after my peak season at work, otherwise I was going to hurl the car at the basement wall and be done with it. This was a bit frustrating, too because I still have not received Issues 75, 76, and 77, and it's now going on four months, with a new complaint letter sent in every month I don't get these Issues. And in order to move forward on the build, I need the parts from those Issues. Issue 74 is still in it's parts bag because I have nowhere to put these pieces. Anyway, when things calmed down at work I decided to fix the manifold problem. This gave me something to do while waiting for the next Issues. I had to reverse engineer how to get the manifolds off and turned around to the correct position. I did have to remove the engine to get to the manifold, but I finally got it into it's proper position, and now the air filter and other system pipes fit very nicely. But that's not all... You're not gonna believe this one.... I get my usual notice that my Issues would be mailed out, but I didn't pay attention to which ones I would get until they were delivered. so now, I'm not only missing 75, 76 and 77, but now I didn't get 86, 87 and 92 and 93. What I received are Issues 94 - 97 but I don't have the other Issues to assemble these parts together. (I guess you could say I have Issues with my Issues) So I'm not going to even open the parts bags for these until I get the other parts. Man! what a disappointment. And still no word from Eaglemoss on this problem But!!!! I still have posted some interesting pics of what I was able to get done despite not having what I need. I've assembled what I could starting from Issues 82 - 85, then 88 - 91. Some of the interior parts were added, such as the seatbelt harness pieces and of course the air filter assembly. The engine cover is made from metal and the detailing on the grates is quite awesome. But this is about all I was able to do for the last two months. So there are 49 new pics in the 1/8 scale BTTF DeLorean page. I hope you can at least enjoy those. That's all for now, keep checking my site to see if those missing Issues will ever get here!
                  Take care, Mark

100_8475.jpg100_8478.jpg
                  www.NemVia.org

Comment

• k2
                    Career Member
                    • Sep 12, 2007

this model costs about $1800?

Comment

• NemVia
                      Museum Patron
                      • Oct 12, 2007

Yeh, pretty much. That's why the subscription for the parts can be spread out from 24 to 36 months, depending on what you set up to buy this kit. You can also pause the subscription if it's too much for you, then resume it when you can afford it.
                      Mark
                      www.NemVia.org

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎