X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LordMudd
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
    I think they’ll be pretty straight repros. I only say that since that’s what FTC, generally, does.

I want faithful repros, but I’d prefer the pocket heroes to the comic action. I suppose that could be what FTC does and still call them Comic Action. Either way is okay with me, though, as long as the quality is there.

Looking very forward to this release.

- Ian
    I think they will have to call them Comic Action because another form of DC figures called Pocket were done a while back, the ones where the faces were just painted on. Nice figures overall until you got to the face.

CCC.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
      Museum Paramedic
      • Aug 31, 2005

^ I knew I read there was a reason they can’t use “pocket,” but I couldn’t recall the specifics. Thanks!

- Ian
      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

With FTC's practices of variants and making characters in multiple sizes, can I hope they do both "Pocket" and "Comic Action" styles? I like both!

Comment

• Figuremod73
          That 80's guy
          • Jul 27, 2011

Will they do the original packaging for these?

Comment

• tllgn
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 6, 2010

i hope these comic/pocket heros have little '8'inch mego stle cards ,not clamshells but blister packaging .i usually only get '8' size .but if these little guys are good ,ill get some.

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by huedell
              That said, there's potential for nuance in licensing that we either may or may not (and all spectrum inbetween) ever be privy to.

You know what I mean by "nuance" ... could be: Size, Shape, Packaging, Character access... infinite possibilities for those that are creative business-wise.
              This might actually be FTC striking first, getting the rights to this scale and style before Mego could get the chance.

Comment

• tmthor
                God of Knock-offs
                • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by scott metzger
                This might actually be FTC striking first, getting the rights to this scale and style before Mego could get the chance.
                That was said on another site.....that this was to try to Block Mego from doing it at least with DC heroes. You have to admit Marty said he wants the Dc licence so they could be getting a little nervous i mean its all about Money....If Marty can promise a better return then he could get the DC licence for even the 8" in most cases Money talks and unless FTC is making moves to be in Walmart or Target Mego would easily beat them sales wise since he already has a sales partner. Not only that but after the Exclusive agreement with Target is over just think if he gets into Walmart as well He will have the ability to sell even 10 times the product he can now....and that would even if he supplied Walmart with 1 case of figures per store per store.
                Last edited by tmthor; Jul 31, '18, 8:57 AM.

Comment

• LordMudd
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by Hedji
                  With FTC's practices of variants and making characters in multiple sizes, can I hope they do both "Pocket" and "Comic Action" styles? I like both!
                  They can but as stated they will probably not be able to call them Pocket. The straight leg figures will probably be more popular with some exceptions like Penguin and Green Goblin which looked and worked better with bent knees. I know that the retro style is cheaper to produce but in many of the playsets the figure is meant to sit in a chair, as with the Hall of Justice/Fortress of Solitude playset, but cannot because of no knee joints. I wish they would make that one change.

CCC.

Comment

• tmthor
                    God of Knock-offs
                    • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by LordMudd
                    They can but as stated they will probably not be able to call them Pocket. The straight leg figures will probably be more popular with some exceptions like Penguin and Green Goblin which looked and worked better with bent knees. I know that the retro style is cheaper to produce but in many of the playsets the figure is meant to sit in a chair, as with the Hall of Justice/Fortress of Solitude playset, but cannot because of no knee joints. I wish they would make that one change.

CCC.
                    Sure they can Star Wars Kenner figures could sit......just with their legs out straight

Comment

• Mary Canary
                      Career Member
                      • Jun 21, 2017

I don't know how I feel about this.
                      On the one hand, it would be cool to see a new 3.75 inch DC line with a classic look.
                      I had Zod and Luthor, so it would be fun to have them again.

But on the other hand, I feel like these figures are going to be too expensive for me to want to purchase.
                      I passed on the Arrow figures by ReAction/Funko or whoever made those... even though that was like my favorite show at the time.
                      I just couldn't justify paying the price point for such a little figure...
                      Like how expensive is a 4 inch Star Wars or GI Joe figure these days?
                      And those are sold in mass market stores!
                      Not specialty items you have to order and no free shipping unless you spend $100!

Will still be excited to see pictures of what they do though!

Comment

• Golddragon71
                        • Nov 22, 2010

I just got the original CAH Batman Last week! I really need to track down a classic Shazam from that line and i have the entire DC set. (Actually i'm hunting all sorts of Shazams since the trailer came out)
                        I'm happy that FTC is doing these but I'm hoping they go beyond reproducing the classic line and give us characters we never got in the 70s
                        Specifically, I really want a Comic Action Hero/Pocket Hero style figure of Jay Garrick Flash. When Toy Biz released their short-lived DC comics Heroes line, they acknowledged the fact that the Flash was Wally West instead of Barry Allen. I had already had teh super powers Barry Allen/Flash figure so having the two together side by side was cool. when I saw a couple of Mego 3 3/4" figures at a con around that time it really made me wish Mego had done a Jay Garrick so that we would have had a natural progression from Mego Jay to Kenner Barry to Toy Biz Wally.

Comment

• tmthor
                          God of Knock-offs
                          • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by Mary Canary
                          I don't know how I feel about this.
                          On the one hand, it would be cool to see a new 3.75 inch DC line with a classic look.
                          I had Zod and Luthor, so it would be fun to have them again.

But on the other hand, I feel like these figures are going to be too expensive for me to want to purchase.
                          I passed on the Arrow figures by ReAction/Funko or whoever made those... even though that was like my favorite show at the time.
                          I just couldn't justify paying the price point for such a little figure...
                          Like how expensive is a 4 inch Star Wars or GI Joe figure these days?
                          And those are sold in mass market stores!
                          Not specialty items you have to order and no free shipping unless you spend $100!

Will still be excited to see pictures of what they do though!
                          Star Wars is $7.99 - $13.99 GI Joe was about $9.99 when the last singles were available.

Comment

• VulcansFury
                            Museum Patron
                            • Mar 6, 2014

The Funko Batman 66 wave 2 was rumored to be with a different company than Funko. I would be thrilled if thats what we are getting, especially if they are compatible with wave 1 and expand to things like Superman TMP.

Comment

• LordMudd
                              Persistent Member
                              • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by VulcansFury
                              The Funko Batman 66 wave 2 was rumored to be with a different company than Funko. I would be thrilled if thats what we are getting, especially if they are compatible with wave 1 and expand to things like Superman TMP.
                              Super 7. They parted ways. The boss man at Super 7 has been ducking questions about it lately. Does not look good.

CCC.

Comment

• VulcansFury
                                Museum Patron
                                • Mar 6, 2014

Originally posted by LordMudd
                                Super 7. They parted ways. The boss man at Super 7 has been ducking questions about it lately. Does not look good.

CCC.
                                Sorry, but thats not correct. Funko made them after the split with Super 7, and if you go back and look at the packaging they only say Funko on them. The rumors have been that Super 7 picked up wave 2 which is why their boss man has been mum about either from fatigue or secrecy who is to say.

Either way, I just want wave 2 from whomever as long as the quality is there.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎