Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wise guy
    Career Member
    • Dec 29, 2014

This is really good news and I hope they do Kenner Super powers waves after the
    original 8 set. The already do Super Powers cards for the 8'' fist fighters

Comment

• LordMudd
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 22, 2011

I have a near complete set of both lines. Penguin could have been rereleased as is for the PH line because he is supposed to be short. Green Goblin would have been good that way too. I would have liked a PH Shazam and Joker. Shazam could have used Captain America's legs. Villains for Aquaman and Wonder Woman would have helped too. Never managed to get the playsets. Would love the JLA/Fortress set and the Invisible Plane.

CCC.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 29, 2018

Scrolling thru ebay for Playmobil helicopters to turn into Batcopters...

Comment

• huedell
          Museum Ball Eater
          • Dec 31, 2003

I hope they repro replica those suckers! Just some of my TOP favorite toys as far as nostalgia. I couldn't bear for them to be TOO different from the originals.
          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• fun guy
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 24, 2011

Originally posted by ovenmitt
            I had Pocket Superheroes Superman, Jor-El, Luthor and Zod I re-enacted Superman movies with.

I am so excited for these new FTC 3.75" DC figures! I hope they are straight legs like PSH. MEGO did not make many. I wouldn't mind reissues, but I am expecting new sculpts and lots of new characters. Team builders! JLA, JSA, Titans, Legion of Superheroes, Doom Patrol, Legion of Doom!

This is perfect scale for vehicles and playsets, too. Bat vehicles, Batcave, Invisible Jet, Hall of Justice, Hall of Doom Darth Vader! JLA Satellite, Titans Tower, Fortress of Solitude!

In 2018 FTC has announced 12" and 3.75" DC figures. FTC has covered every MEGO scale! FTC has done more with DC license than any other toy company.

Cannot wait for pics! And price.
            I Want to see that happen too

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by fun guy
              I Want to see that happen too
              I do too... UNLESS they stray too far from the CAH/PH aesthetic.

It would be TOTALLY AWESOME, and I'd buy every playset and vehicle they made. The FIRST time I'd be a completest in an FTC line... and pretty much any other toy line (its expensive to be a completest!).

But its all for naught if they make toys strikingly different from the toys I so desperately wanted in 1975.
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Jason73
                Correctamundo!
                • Jan 11, 2009

I really hope these are sculpted very similar to the original Mego line, other wise, what's the point? There are plenty of highly detailed DC figures from Mattel.
                Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• tmthor
                  God of Knock-offs
                  • Nov 29, 2005

I don't know how I feel about this. I would rather have the new Mego making them they would be cheaper and maybe better to find them at Target.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                    galactic yo-yo
                    • Apr 6, 2006

I'm wondering if they and Mego have some kind of deal in place. FTC is letting Mego do stuff like Brady Bunch and Married with Children,Mego is letting FTC do stuff like this.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                      I'm wondering if they and Mego have some kind of deal in place. FTC is letting Mego do stuff like Brady Bunch and Married with Children,Mego is letting FTC do stuff like this.
                      nobody's "letting" anybody do anything. Mego has the rights to certain characters and FTC the same. Just because either company produced them at one time does not mean they hold those rights for infinity.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• huedell
                        Museum Ball Eater
                        • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        nobody's "letting" anybody do anything. Mego has the rights to certain characters and FTC the same. Just because either company produced them at one time does not mean they hold those rights for infinity.
                        That said, there's potential for nuance in licensing that we either may or may not (and all spectrum inbetween) ever be privy to.

You know what I mean by "nuance" ... could be: Size, Shape, Packaging, Character access... infinite possibilities for those that are creative business-wise.

Comment

• Spyweb007
                          Persistent Member
                          • Apr 18, 2006

I sold off all of my Comic Action Heroes years ago, but I do miss them. I hope these new ones do well. Should make for a nice colorful set, and it would be cool if they added new character to the lineup too.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by huedell
                            That said, there's potential for nuance in licensing that we either may or may not (and all spectrum inbetween) ever be privy to.

You know what I mean by "nuance" ... could be: Size, Shape, Packaging, Character access... infinite possibilities for those that are creative business-wise.
                            Mattel is the master license holder for DC, so FTC has to seek permission to do certain scales. The 12 inch line may be a sign that Sideshow is not doing comic based 12 figures anymore.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• tmthor
                              God of Knock-offs
                              • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              Mattel is the master license holder for DC, so FTC has to seek permission to do certain scales. The 12 inch line may be a sign that Sideshow is not doing comic based 12 figures anymore.
                              They could FTC may have a "retro" or "Vintage" 12" licence. It is strange how the licences are broken up now a days used to be you had the licence and that was it i wonder if part of it has to do with all of the international companies in play now.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                                Museum Paramedic
                                • Aug 31, 2005

I think they’ll be pretty straight repros. I only say that since that’s what FTC, generally, does.

I want faithful repros, but I’d prefer the pocket heroes to the comic action. I suppose that could be what FTC does and still call them Comic Action. Either way is okay with me, though, as long as the quality is there.

Looking very forward to this release.

- Ian
                                Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎