Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im renting a 1930s moviehouse showing Creature From the Black Lagoon & mini toy show

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dr_cyclops
    One eyed, wonder
    • Dec 17, 2009

Best part of this show was seeing my friends again. pmwasson being a highlight. (sorry Mike, but it's been longer between visits with you and Lonnie than Paul and Ed.) Second, was getting the new Mego Dracula. Third, was all the totally cool comics and toys I got. Last, was the movie. Mike didn't get the 3-D version. I so wanted to have to wear 3-D glasses to see it in 2-D.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
      One eyed, wonder
      • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by SKotK
      Normally I would be there for the show at least if not vending, but...I gotta be in L.A. this weekend. Electric Light Orchestra is playing, ya know.

Mego figures on the shelves, ELO playing big arena concerts...it must be 1976, right??

--SKot
      How dare you put ELO over us? Oh, wait, Ok, now I understand. Did you get out of the blue?

Comment

• EmergencyIan
        Museum Paramedic
        • Aug 31, 2005

I can’t believe how great Jeff Lynne still sings. Certainly one of the all time great songwriters and music producers. Also as fine a musician as he is a singer.

Ok, back to Mego and Movies.

- Ian
        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• SKotK
          Career Member
          • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
          How dare you put ELO over us? Oh, wait, Ok, now I understand. Did you get out of the blue?
          I got out of the blue (Portland) but got right back into the blue (L.A.)...Mr. Blue Sky was everywhere! And it was hot. But I had a great time.

I also had a chance to visit the Batman '66 exhibit (with some POTA as well) at the Hollywood Museum - that was great! Tons of vintage toys on display there, though strangely not a single Mego Batman in sight. Maybe they were only sticking to toys that came out in the 60s. They did have these Ideal Batman figures from '66-67, though:

Ideal Batman & Robin.jpg

I recommend this exhibit to anyone with any interest in Batman '66...definitely worth a visit!

--SKot
          Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• glimpy
            Loco Chango
            • Feb 5, 2012

Too bad you weren't in my city
            sigpic

Comment

• MegoCapnMike
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 22, 2012

Hey Mike, I was gonna try to make this one, but work had other ideas. Stupid work. I love Creature From the Black Lagoon!
              Looking for:

--Lion Rock "Mr Rock's" shoes/ boots (these may also be the same as the lion rock monster line boots)

--Mystery Astronaught

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎