X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KOMonger
    Banned
    • Feb 17, 2015

Request: Gallery info for Don, Dinah-Mite's Boyfriend

I'm wondering if anyone can update the gallery with an entry for Dinah-Mite's boyfriend, Don.

He appears in two images in the Dynah-Mite gallery section, but there is no acknowledgement about him there!

The only "Don" info currently available is in those other headsculpt-use comparison shots between Mego and re-Megos.

My info on this figure is vague, that's why the interest. Was he sold in playsets? Was he available separately?
    Last edited by KOMonger; Jul 24, '18, 8:15 PM.
  • hobub
    Ghost of a Dead Indian
    • Jun 18, 2001

I have two. One I bought from Luey and the other from Ebay (listed as an action Jackson figure). They are exactly alike but neither came with white cleats. The one has white astronaut boots and the other has black cleats. The head looks just like the superman head but the eyes are painted slightly different. The head color is peach fleshtone just like the early type 1 1972 Superman, Batman, RMR, and Aquaman heads but neither has any trace of npp copyright info on the back of the neck. I can try to take some side by side shots and send to you but I think these are kind of hard to find. And boxed, I think nearly close to impossible. But the shirt should not show traces of AJ emblem as that can be gotten from the AJ spy uniform and the cyclist pants.

Comment

• KOMonger
      Banned
      • Feb 17, 2015

Thanks for your reply. I was hoping someone could update the gallery since Don is a hard to find figure. The gallery does cover the variations on the headsculpts without actually having an entry for Don.

Your info intrigues me. I've seen the army boots cast in black, gray, brown and white for the various AJ outfits. As well as cleats in black and white (the blister carded sets). Is there an actual "astronaut" boot?
      And boxed, I thought the repros out there were just made-up customs done in Mego style. Does anyone know if it's copied off the original?

Comment

• hobub
        Ghost of a Dead Indian
        • Jun 18, 2001

There was a box. I'm pretty sure Joe Derouen had one at one point and possibly Scott A. Not sure about the repro. But those were originals. The White astronaut boots I refer to are boots that are exactly like the army boots but short. And cast in white instead of black. I have seen astronauts with both white or black boots. The Mego Frankenstein and Wolfman also wear these short boots in black.

Too many hits to post them all so here is my search results from google.

This shows the box and some shots of Don.
        Last edited by hobub; Jul 25, '18, 5:38 PM.

Comment

• KOMonger
          Banned
          • Feb 17, 2015

Thanks for the follow-up! I have a couple of those loose pics saved for reference but seeing a real box is satisfying after seeing only the repros! And somehow I don't recall seeing that Mego catalog ad showing Don in the corner "Packed 24 pcs".

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎