X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dreddbatfan
    Museum Super Collector
    • Oct 3, 2008

Suggestions for future 1966 Batman TV Series Playsets

I was thinking about a couple of future playsets for the 1966 Batman TV Series line.I would love to see a Commishoner Gordons Office as well as a Barbara Gordon bedroom with a rotating Batgirl Transformation Room with Batgirl Cycle Secret Elevator Playsets.These I would definitely buy if someone could make them.
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

I would love to see a playset of the the Wayne Mansion Study with a sliding bookcase and Bat poles.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Gotham State Penitentiary, with spring loaded pitcher's mound in the yard.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Megotastrophe
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 29, 2018

Gordon's Office, Barbara's apartment, Bruce's house, The prison and exercise yard, minimum 4 cells and Warden Criten's office, with an 8 inch scale comic action heroes style device...Great ideas...I really cant think of that many locations or types of locations that were seen more than once. Each villains lair was pretty unique, but maybe the broken elbow from the movie and the penguins submarine...mybe even double sided like the Munchkinland/Kansas playset...

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
          Career Member
          • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by MIB41
          I would love to see a playset of the the Wayne Mansion Study with a sliding bookcase and Bat poles.
          that's what I was hoping for with the FTC Batcave. I thought it would have a 2nd floor that was library, an opening bookcase and a table. Basically, a place to put all the accessories in the pack they sold.

Batman-Classic-TV-Series-Action-Figures-Accessory-Pack-3.jpg
          "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• LordMudd
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
            Gordon's Office, Barbara's apartment, Bruce's house, The prison and exercise yard, minimum 4 cells and Warden Criten's office, with an 8 inch scale comic action heroes style device...Great ideas...I really cant think of that many locations or types of locations that were seen more than once. Each villains lair was pretty unique, but maybe the broken elbow from the movie and the penguins submarine...mybe even double sided like the Munchkinland/Kansas playset...
            Most of the lairs were 4 (3?) brick walls with villain specific accessories brought in to decorate/cover them. Do a basic 3 walls and then use reversible accessories- one side for Joker, the other for Penguin, and so on. Color was the main thing that defined each lair. Mr. Freeze's lair would be the hardest to replicate in this format.

CCC.

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

an actual playset please..not cardboard

Comment

• KOMonger
                Banned
                • Feb 17, 2015

Marty mentioned in one of the recent videos that Mego had their old playsets (cardboard/vinyl-covered) done in the US due to cost.

Fully realized playsets don't sound feasible due to cost. They even brought up the subject of the fan-backed Jabba's Sail Barge as an example of how costly it could get.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 27, 2010

would say "Villian's Lair" with cardboard sound effects like "Pow!" and "Zowie!" and basic accessories that are tied to like the joker or riddler.A Villian Trap for our heroes in peril.with a never done character included like colonel gumm or falseface.

Comment

• KOMonger
                    Banned
                    • Feb 17, 2015

Conveyor belt, with working crank. Kids could use old boxes to customize the outsides as they wanted, and a pool/vat complete with ladder, diving board (? or what ever it might be called). The upper vat, with working faucet could be filled with bubbles or goo.

Giant umbrella! *Fireworks sold separately.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jun 29, 2018

Maybe this is too....out there....generic villain lairs...done as a 3 wall vertical colorforms set. Vinyl walls and "sticky" decorations...including sound effects and such. Each villain could have their own wall and sticker set...

Comment

• Klosterheim
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 23, 2013

I would say a building wall face toy with windows where Batman and Robin could climb the Bat-rope, and celebrity figures could pop out of the open windows.

That, and a Catwoman lair of some kind.

Maybe a rocket bike that was in one episode. (or bike-like rocket that figures can sit on, I think there was one on TV)

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                          Career Member
                          • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by Teemu
                          an actual playset please..not cardboard
                          I wish!!!
                          Can you imagine how much they would charge for an actual plastic playset if they are charging this much for laminated cardboard?!? scares me to think of that price tag. I'll make one myself. You would be amazed what you can do with chicken wire and papier mache, Christmas lights and paint.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                            Career Member
                            • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
                            Maybe this is too....out there....generic villain lairs...done as a 3 wall vertical colorforms set. Vinyl walls and "sticky" decorations...including sound effects and such. Each villain could have their own wall and sticker set...
                            The hall of Doom
                            hall of doom.jpg

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                              Career Member
                              • Nov 22, 2011

I would be content if they would redo the 66 Batmobile to a true Mego scale that the figures fit in and it looks like the real car. The mego Batmobile is too small, bulky looking and not accurate. Wouldn't it be cool to have your 66 Batman and Robin actually fit in the Batmobile.

At present a friend of mine with a 3d printer and I are "attempting" to get the correct scale so we can print one. Lots of trial and error.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎