X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Be a Ventriloquist

I know it's kind of a cliche but these things still creep me out, I blame the trailer for "Magic" and the fact that most magic shops had weird "Haunted House" lighting.

Also, I see Lester all the time but how come nobody made a Chuck from "Soap"?

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

All you have to do is buy one and watch the Jeff Dunham videos on YouTube to teach you how to be a ventriloquist.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Never understood the appeal of those things.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• KOMonger
        Banned
        • Feb 17, 2015

I was amazed as a child watching these.... until Twilight Zone. If I'm not mistaken there are two different episodes with ventriloquist dummies.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

All you have to do is buy one and watch the Jeff Dunham videos on YouTube to teach you how to be a ventriloquist.
          I find some of Dunham's stuff funny, but I've always thought he's actually a pretty poor ventriloquist. His lips and throat move like he's just straight up talking. His variation in voice and delivery for his characters sell it though. And he's a millionaire and I'm not, so what do I know?

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• glimpy
            Loco Chango
            • Feb 5, 2012

Originally posted by KOMonger
            I was amazed as a child watching these.... until Twilight Zone. If I'm not mistaken there are two different episodes with ventriloquist dummies.
            Yes there was two episodes. The first episode was "The Dummy" and the second was "Cesar and me"
            sigpic

Comment

• glimpy
              Loco Chango
              • Feb 5, 2012

I got my first ventriloquist doll in 1979 it happened to be Charlie McCarthy. Then Mortimer, Simon sez, Willie talk, Mickey Mouse, Emmett Kelly Jr. I love ventriloquist dummies. I still have a tremendous interest in them to this day
              sigpic

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

Ugly little things, aren't they?
                JediJaida

Comment

• barbiegirl
                  • Jul 22, 2018

Who doesn't love Charley McCarthy and Mortimer?
                  I love Edgar Bergen, he was a true talent. I don't see children's entertainment like that today, unfortunately.

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by RSS
                    Also, I see Lester all the time but how come nobody made a Chuck from "Soap"?
                    I was just thinking the same thing.

Oh, and that "Magic" trailer, *shudder*

Comment

• Falstaff13
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 28, 2008

I was given a Charlie McCarthy by my grandmother the Christmas after my grandfather died (and she came to visit us). It gave us a further bond, as she would tell me about listening to the shows on radio. In the same time frame, I saw Edgar Bergen on The Muppet Show and in The Muppet Movie, and my fandom was secured. I did eventually get dummies of both Mortimer Snerd and Howdy Doody, and I've always liked them (but I do get the creepy factor).
                      Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                      Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎