Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Site rep - what states have they been found in?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

Was in St. Louis this evening for a concert and stopped at a couple of Targets before we went to the show. Nothing at the Kirkwood store and the clerks there were not able to figure out if the store was going to stock them. Bridgeton store (I believe) had the Mirror Mirror sets still in stock in the back. I purchased one of those. The store employee who helped me there was very cool and helpful and actually told me he was "old enough to know what a Mego was."

Comment

• jacoblb
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2009

Nothing in Tucson, AZ. Although we were told some 60 units were expected, just not on July 29th.
      I saw Marty's Facebook video (thanking fans and suggesting to not seek out inflated eBay prices) and I'm not worried one bit the figures I want to be buy will be on shelves.
      I wish Mego the best and hope their return is successful. I sort of suspect the themes I don't want will eventually go on clearance and I'll get custom parts out of them them.
      I'll be spending full price for the one's I do want because I can't wait.
      It's been sad reading all the fanboy Mego outrage on Facebook.

Comment

• mav-man
        • Dec 9, 2007

Found most of them in Madison, Wi today. Literally the last Target out of about 8 I called this morning and they had them! I have my Jeannie!

Comment

• darkbros
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 3, 2012

Saturday, Yukon, Oklahoma and Midwest City, Oklahoma had some but different selections. No I Dream of Jeannie in either. Moore, Oklahoma had none when we went Saturday.
          Plan on making the rounds in the rest of the metro area soon.
          Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
          https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------
          "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• RonnyG
            Career Member
            • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
            I found them yesterday in Eagle Rock CA. at the one on Colorado Blvd. They were probably there since the weekend as many were gone, but i was able to pick up Norm and Batman. The other two in my area still don't have them and I'm thinking they will the 29th.

As I expected, the janky Target that is usually a disorganized mess is the one that had them early.
            Thanks Crimson for your post. I just got back from the Eagle Rock store, and purchased the Charlie's Angels figure!!! It was the last one, so I'm happy for now until I can get Jeannie and WW! I live in North Hollywood and there's about 5 Targets stores close to me, but they don't have them yet. I really didn't want to drive to Eagle Rock, but it only took about 20 minutes on the freeway. I really wasn't expecting to find anything left because I waited so long, so I was surprised to find them. Here's what's left as of Monday night: 2 Batmans, 6 Harleys, 1 Fonzie, 1 Married with Children, 1 Tootie, and 4 Charmed. Looks like Charmed is not going to be a big seller.

Comment

• Liu Bei
              Banned
              • Mar 31, 2018

Some product is starting to trickle into North Georgia, with trickle being the operative word. The only product I can confirm hitting the shelves was Tootie and Norm, both being swept up early in the morning by scalpers buying up everything that hit the shelves. The one guy who knew what he was talking about said they only got 8 figures in, and that it was those two. Knowing that most places get about 4 of each character, it tallies up.

Not sure if/when the rest will hit. Maybe August 6/7th, as that seems to be the date getting bandied about most commonly regardless of region.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

The case packs that I've seen are three characters, two of each. I've got an empty case from the Sulu, AJ, Dracula assortment. So they probably had some other figures.

Comment

• Lethalp
                  • Aug 6, 2017

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                  Some product is starting to trickle into North Georgia, with trickle being the operative word. The only product I can confirm hitting the shelves was Tootie and Norm, both being swept up early in the morning by scalpers buying up everything that hit the shelves. The one guy who knew what he was talking about said they only got 8 figures in, and that it was those two. Knowing that most places get about 4 of each character, it tallies up.

Not sure if/when the rest will hit. Maybe August 6/7th, as that seems to be the date getting bandied about most commonly regardless of region.
                  What store briefly had them?
                  I’m North Ga too.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Here's a picture of the case information for the Dracula/Sulu/Action Jackson.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                      Banned
                      • Mar 31, 2018

Found Drac at a Target in North Georgia! Some information and advice for my friends still looking for these figures:

1.) Marty Abrams was right when he said (nearly) every Target will be getting stock. The catch is some stores are getting more than others. I can vouch firsthand this stock is not limited to Target Super Centers.

2.) Many Targets already have their stock, they are just sitting in the backroom somewhere. Depending on how dedicated/knowledgeable the staff is, they can locate it in the back and send it up to Guest Services and hold it for you. (And good luck with that, because that is a very small number.)

3.) The stock isn't out yet because Target is doing a reset, and they are swamped with work. They are reorganizing their toy aisles to get ready for the holidays, and they're dealing with back-to-school as well. It may be awhile before our Megos actually hit the floor. Whoever said August 6th/7th was probably accurate.

4.) The only DPCI number that will work is 087-16-3112. That is the number that will tell you whether they have any Mego stock at all in the backroom. The individual numbers are not working at the moment. If you give them the DPCI for Dracula, for example, it won't show up on their scanners. You have to give them the number above.

5.) Call your Targets and ask to speak to someone in the toy department. Give them the DPCI and ask them if they have any in stock and on the floor. The answer is usually yes for in stock, no for on the floor. At this point it's up to you. You could ask them when they will hit the floor (it's always "tonight or tomorrow morning"), or you could ask them if they would mind checking the back room. (They should offer to do this, but usually won't.) If they locate the product, they should offer (or you can ask them) to hold it at Guest Services for you.

Well, that's it. The product is out there, and it is coming. If you follow those tips, you've got a good chance of getting what you want. Good luck, everybody.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                        Banned
                        • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Lethalp
                        What store briefly had them?
                        I’m North Ga too.
                        The Target in Marietta on Dallas Hwy briefly had them, but a scalper hit them early in the morning and wiped them out. (They only had Tootie and Norm.)

The Targets in Hiram, Acworth, Austell, Kennesaw, Cartersville, Smyrna, Woodstock, East Point, Sandy Springs, and Carrollton all have them too.

Go to Brickseek and put in your zip code to see which one closest to you has them:

If you're a Mego fan, good luck to you. If you're a scalper (and I'm not saying you are), please reconsider what you are doing. There are a lot of Mego fans out there who really want this stuff, and don't have the time to search all day every day to find it. Don't rob them of the chance to reconnect with their childhood just to earn a few extra bucks.

Comment

• tmthor
                          God of Knock-offs
                          • Nov 29, 2005

The Target in Marietta on Dallas Hwy briefly had them, but a scalper hit them early in the morning and wiped them out. (They only had Tootie and Norm.)

The Targets in Hiram, Acworth, Austell, Kennesaw, Cartersville, Smyrna, Woodstock, East Point, Sandy Springs, and Carrollton all have them too.

Go to Brickseek and put in your zip code to see which one closest to you has them:

If you're a Mego fan, good luck to you. If you're a scalper (and I'm not saying you are), please reconsider what you are doing. There are a lot of Mego fans out there who really want this stuff, and don't have the time to search all day every day to find it. Don't rob them of the chance to reconnect with their childhood just to earn a few extra bucks.
                          I wonder If E-bay would pull some of the auctions. I noticed some have sold a few (20 or more) but they are promising 30 delivery Seems like they are selling them with out having them in hand like Preorders.

Comment

• KLAATU
                            Museum Patron
                            • Feb 3, 2009

Thanks so much for the link. It seems the 12 Targets closest to me are "OUT OF STOCK". I've already checked six of those in person.

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

Checked the brickseek link in my area, I typed in 3 different DCPI numbers and everything says out of stock, I already went to the Target store right around the corner from me and no new megos on the shelves, the action figure aisle is half empty
                              there's a whole side with absolutely nothing, so they must be restocking the shelves asap, although I don't see any peg price tags saying mego action figures, but I'll keep checking.

Comment

• Lethalp
                                • Aug 6, 2017

Thanks man....Im in Gwinnett and nothing has hit over here yet. Not a scalper either (hate those guys) but really just want Norm and all future Cheers releases.

EDIT: Used Brickseek to see the store off Roswell Rd/285 had them in stock and when i got there employees looked like they just got finished stocking the endcap. Everything but I Dream of Jeannie 2 packs for some reason (maybe its still in the back) But I got what I wanted. The employee who looked like he just finished stocking everything was talking to another employee and then a customer about not "getting' the interest in them. haha

Thanks!
                                Last edited by Lethalp; Aug 2, '18, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎