Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Site rep - what states have they been found in?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barnabas Collins
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by actjac01
    Hey Barnabas, I was just curious. I'm from Decatur. Which Target in ATL did you find them?
    I stopped by again tonight and they had more figures, except no Sulu, Chekov, or Dracula. Looked like all the others, including the larger figures, were there.

Barnabas Collins

Comment

• jacoblb
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2009

In Tucson, last week, a Mego display was set up at the Oro Valley location, everything was there on the pegs and shelves so it must have been recently stocked. Many others were stopping and looking and a few people maybe buying while I was there. I took a picture of the Mego end cap, it looked exactly like the Target pictures shown everywhere else. My closer location at Ina did not have anything Mego and the toy section has been an unkept disaster.
      I did not buy anything as, once everything was available online, I found it a simpler solution rather than constantly checking up at the brick and mortar store. No complaints on what I've been sent, but I haven't opened anything yet. Thus far, I received and Bela and AJ. My next package delivers today of Mirror, Mirror and Jeannie.

I converted my old high school buddy into retro cloth figures. Even though I made him (unfortunately belt-less) Phantom Ghost Who Walks figure back in 2012 I don't think that made him a 1:9 fan. Recently he bought his own Bela at the store and now intends to buy the new Mego Monster line and maybe start collecting Trek, he's a bit apprehensive about starting to collect Trek for FOMO (fear of missing out) if the line doesn't reissue all the old while making new. I told him I think we'll see things through.

Comment

• jacoblb
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2009

Don't mean to pile on with the criticism here, but I forgot to mention my friend was planning to buy the 14" Batman but decided against it due to the neck issue. I really do hope neo Mego will consider remaking the Batman figure because I wonder how many others would have started to collect the large scale figures, but don't want to customize or changed their mind due to the faux pax.

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by jacoblb
          Don't mean to pile on with the criticism here, but I forgot to mention my friend was planning to buy the 14" Batman but decided against it due to the neck issue. I really do hope neo Mego will consider remaking the Batman figure because I wonder how many others would have started to collect the large scale figures, but don't want to customize or changed their mind due to the faux pax.
          There is nothing wrong with contructive criticism!

I am staring at opened a Wonder Woman, Batman and Zod, and all three have very, VERY different head sizes. Zod is really the only one that looks in-scale to the body. I am sure that has been off putting to some collectors as maybe the casual buyer.

I haven’t been to Target in a week or a non-local Target in two weeks. I am looking forward to seeing what the shelves look like this week. We did not get a lot of 14” figures, but Wonder Woman sold out. Zod and Harley were the slow movers.

The 8” figures were a steady seller at my local store. The Jeannie set had sold only on set, Trek set sold three in a day. Last set had a googly eye Kirk, so that may explain why it was still there, although two other sets had eye issues too.

Comment

• OCSuperman
            Museum Patron
            • Sep 4, 2014

I have seen them now Orange and Fullerton, CA. The end cap displays were stocked fully (no Dracula). At these locations, it's not the end cap facing the main aisle but rather the inner end opposite the board games, etc.

Comment

• tmthor
              God of Knock-offs
              • Nov 29, 2005

The Targets around me still don't have them. The person working the toy Dept at one told me to just get them online because he had to after he heard that all stores getting them have them and the DC have shipped them all to the stores that were getting them. Take that with a grain of salt but that's what I was told.

Comment

• K
                Fun Will Now Commence
                • Jun 20, 2001

STILL NO MEGOS IN CT!!!! ��
                Went to Target again today and scoured the place. Nothing, dammit
                I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

Still nothing at my local Target in southern MA, they did say they weren't getting them, but I've been still periodically checking, went today and nothing, not even a hint, so I'm sure I'll never see wave 2

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Yeah, some stores aren't going to carry them. The closest one to me doesn't carry them, so I have to travel...

Comment

• spiderman67
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Jan 28, 2010

Midwest city,Oklahoma target has full slate of wave 1.
                      Take two mego's and call me in the morning.

Comment

• Makernaut
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by spiderman67
                        Midwest city,Oklahoma target has full slate of wave 1.
                        I was on the Northwest side of OKC this morning and they had everything from Wave 1, less 14" Batman and I'm guessing that is only because it sold out.

Comment

• The Nawd
                          Nawd your head for yes.
                          • Feb 15, 2011

I finally made it into a Target near me in Knoxville, TN to see for myself. No Dracula. No Wonder Woman. No Action Jackson. According to my brother who got me my A.J. from a Target a little farther out all the Targets in town have already sold all of them. The rest are still plentiful to varying degrees.

Comment

• darkbros
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by Makernaut
                            I was on the Northwest side of OKC this morning and they had everything from Wave 1, less 14" Batman and I'm guessing that is only because it sold out.
                            SW Moore Target and Yukon, OK Target both had a selection that was ok. Each were missing a few of the Big Ones ( either WW or Batman), and no Draculas in 8inch....This was Monday.
                            Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                            https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                            "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 25, 2018

Target in Frisco, TX has the Full House two pack.

Comment

• knight errant00
                                8 Inch Action Figure
                                • Nov 15, 2005

St. Louis: I went to Target last night. They had all of Wave 1 stocked (1-3 of each figure but Dracula) and, weirdly, the Wave 2 WOZ set.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎