X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Neutron X
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 22, 2007

KO Spaceman uniform variations

There are pieces I find myself not willing to look for hours on end and pay high prices again for. Finding them the first time took great effort. Then sometimes you trip over them by accident. One of my grails is The Totsy Spaceman suit in silk/nylon type variation. After selling my collection I was sure I would not to find another. Taaaaa Daaaa!!!!! I found it in a Joe lot! Not super cheap or super expensive but in budget, just right. Needs a little stitching on shoulder seam but not too bad. Still need helmet, tall white boots, and jetpack but it's a good start. I love that they used left over Christmas ornaments cut off the top and now you have a space helmet! Totsy even used empty fuze boxes slapped on a Medic sticker now it's a medic box! Hey it was the 60s after all.
    IMG_1515 (2) by edtime5, on Flickr
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Cool - I love the KO stuff as much or more than the real deal in a lot of cases.

Comment

• Neutron X
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 22, 2007

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
      Cool - I love the KO stuff as much or more than the real deal in a lot of cases.
      I agree some of the KOs are inspired. The Redbox Batman KO(Joe scale) swipes at Captain Action, Batman, and Gijoe. If anyone has a clear picture MIB or the instructions(small slip of paper) or MIB Totsy Spaceman I would love to see it. I had one beat up way back before the internet and figured I would just find a MIP version later on. Never happened. What's a collection without a few regrets?

Comment

• Makernaut
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 22, 2015

The repurposed space helmet/ornament falls waaaaayyyy short of what would have fooled me as a kid (though it has its charm), but that suit is quite worthy for a KO.

Comment

• Makernaut
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 22, 2015

Is this the Redbox Batman you are talking about? I never imagined this existed, but it is kinda' cool. It's like an Elseworlds Batman before there was such.

http://batcavetrophyroom.blogspot.co...-knockoff.html
          Last edited by Makernaut; Jul 23, '18, 7:35 PM.

Comment

• Neutron X
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 22, 2007

Yes, and those are my pics! I had a bunch of Trolls say I made it myself because it sold for so much back then. Great figure but very scarce. The helmet can be crushed just by holding it. What was probably a flexible plastic helmet its now brittle and thin. I know only of 4 of these, doesn't mean there aren't more but in all my fanboy years that's all I have seen or heard of. Steve S out of Canada has one and the guy I sold it to has one. The heavily damaged other one I had was sold in a Gijoe footlocker lot back in the early 1990s by me. There was a small pic of a MIB one in some magazine the name I can't remember(Collecting magazine?)
            Last edited by Neutron X; Jul 24, '18, 8:28 AM.

Comment

• KOMonger
              Banned
              • Feb 17, 2015

Wow, never seen this before. The emblem is so Mego, though.

I call myself KO Monger but I mostly concentrate on the Barter Toy and Fairlandtoys stuff. But I did win a KO astronaut lot earlier this year that I really like. Some of the parts are marked Redbox.

Comment

• Neutron X
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 22, 2007

Originally posted by KOMonger
                Wow, never seen this before. The emblem is so Mego, though.

I call myself KO Monger but I mostly concentrate on the Barter Toy and Fairlandtoys stuff. But I did win a KO astronaut lot earlier this year that I really like. Some of the parts are marked Redbox.
                The Redbox Astronaut is one of the best KOs. Did you win the KO Gijoe/Matt Mason Mash up KO or maybe the 8in version? Barter //Fairland is nice stuff. The Dynaman stuff goes way beyond average KO and into some cool stuff.Here's some pic but there are more variations out there.
                *in version not my pic
                554ac22e63323209aca639efe4402c0d by edtime5, on Flickr
                12in version
                IMG_1613 by edtime5, on Flickr
                Last edited by Neutron X; Jul 24, '18, 8:41 AM.

Comment

• KOMonger
                  Banned
                  • Feb 17, 2015

I don't have this Mattel one. It's the one that looks like the Mintex/Tommy Gunn/Fighting Yank knock-off.

I hope to get a camera soon so I can take proper pics. This is the only pic the seller used for his listing.

Comment

• KOMonger
                    Banned
                    • Feb 17, 2015

I also won this Redbox figure more recently.

Comment

• Neutron X
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 22, 2007

Cool KOs!Sorry haven't nailed down that Astronaut MIP I think it's a Euro distributed piece but I could be wrong. The 2nd figure reminds me of Fairylite(Thunderbirds) and Cecil Coleman mash up. All cool pick ups! Sorry I can't be of more help.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎