• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ivaniski
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 24, 2007

Re-Stringing Doc Mego bodies.....

Hey Guys,
    As promised I'm posting a re-stringing tutorial with my technique and style. Keep in mind this is the method I've used for over 30 years (I started with rubber bands back then) and now use elastic cord on all my figures...over 100 8" Mego type figures. Additionally, for holding weapons i like to use the BBP with the Swivel arms. Hope you guys find this video helpful feel free to ask questions. Quick Footnote: The word "Marinate" in the video clip means for the elastic cord to settle in and expand...for a few days. This Video is unscripted, so please bare with me. LOL Ivaniski

P.S. Sorry for the Audio problems...While recording my nephew covered the microphone with his finger by mistake.

"STRIKE A POSE" with your Mego Action Figure.
    Last edited by Ivaniski; Jul 23, '18, 12:20 AM.
  • Boywonder0
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 29, 2007

Ivaniski is da' man! Thanks so much!

Comment

• hedrap
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 10, 2009

Serated marks in the shoulder loop and a change of string redirection. It's simple modifications like these that need to be done to the new wave of Mego's if we want younger kids to have interest. Posability is a huge plus.

Comment

• Ivaniski
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by hedrap
        Serated marks in the shoulder loop and a change of string redirection. It's simple modifications like these that need to be done to the new wave of Mego's if we want younger kids to have interest. Posability is a huge plus.
        Exactly, small modifications like these can give the action figure more life then just leaving it in a static position (Arms downward) in or out the box. Marvel/DC heroes can now go into combat positions against their respective villians. Which of course can open up more comic book visual simulations....The skies the limit with a combo feel of Type 1 + Type 2 Mego action figure at hand. Thanks for the kind words sir.

Bruce Lee was Re-strung using an Original Mego Type 2 body.

Attached Files
        Last edited by Ivaniski; Jul 23, '18, 7:30 AM.

Comment

• Remco Monster
          GLOWS in the Dark!
          • May 3, 2006

This is great! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
            Persistent Member
            • Apr 28, 2013

Very nice! Thanks for making this video. Did you modify the Batman cowl in the back? That looks great.

Comment

• Ivaniski
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
              Very nice! Thanks for making this video. Did you modify the Batman cowl in the back? That looks great.
              Thank you Sir, for the kind words. The Batman cowl was tucked into the cape (other then that no other modification was done).

Comment

• comicmike
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 22, 2009

I'm unbelievably impressed

Comment

• supes
                  For the love of Mego's!
                  • Jan 19, 2004

Great info thanks

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• ZombieJimC
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 12, 2014

Very cool! Thanks!!

Comment

• Ivaniski
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jun 24, 2007

I'm going to post a video soon that'll explain in more detail how I stringed Up the Bodies. Additionally, I'm going to post the Doc mego female bodies that I used the same method to restring. I've just been so busy...I own a Model Aviation club in New York, and it's the flying season.
                      Last edited by Ivaniski; Jul 23, '18, 4:01 PM.

Comment

• darklord1967
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 27, 2008

Great Work Ivaniski!!

And I really, really REALLY love that custom Batman!!! He's got a GREAT look to him. It's amazing what a change of utility belt, chest emblem, gauntlets, trunks, and cowl configuration can do!
                        I... am an action figure customizer

Comment

• Ivaniski
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by darklord1967
                          Great Work Ivaniski!!

And I really, really REALLY love that custom Batman!!! He's got a GREAT look to him. It's amazing what a change of utility belt, chest emblem, gauntlets, trunks, and cowl configuration can do!
                          Thanks Sir, But wait until you see my version of Green Lantern, Flash, Hawkman, Shazam, Spidey and the female Super heroes. All re-strung by yours truly.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                            Career Member
                            • Nov 22, 2011

I love the way you have these posed. I hope you all have some tables set up at the Mego Meet con where we can all play with our figures together.
                            "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• Liu Bei
                              Banned
                              • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Ivaniski
                              Hey Guys,
                              As promised I'm posting a re-stringing tutorial with my technique and style. Keep in mind this is the method I've used for over 30 years (I started with rubber bands back then) and now use elastic cord on all my figures...over 100 8" Mego type figures. Additionally, for holding weapons i like to use the BBP with the Swivel arms. Hope you guys find this video helpful feel free to ask questions. Quick Footnote: The word "Marinate" in the video clip means for the elastic cord to settle in and expand...for a few days. This Video is unscripted, so please bare with me. LOL Ivaniski

P.S. Sorry for the Audio problems...While recording my nephew covered the microphone with his finger by mistake.

"STRIKE A POSE" with your Mego Action Figure.
                              Thank you for the excellent tutorial. I saw that you had some of the Mattel bodies on your desk. Have you come up with a way to restring those, or to transplant the heads onto another body?

A restring would be preferable due to some of the colored bodies they had like Martian Manhunter.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎