X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Madcap70
    I get that but if Disney is forced to sell Hulu at some point (because of Anti-Trust) why would they gut load it with any of their content?
    they will be forced to give up a majority holding, not all of it. So it would still make sense for them to put its not family oriented material there as they would still profit and help Hulu to grow.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Madcap70
      I don't think Disney/Marvel going to give up all of that just to get Namor & Hulk rights back....And Commcast doesn't have POTA/Aliens & Predator that's Fox/Disney....So where is it written that shows like the netflix shows will not go to the Disney streaming service?

So Disney/Marvel is going to move all of the Netflix show's to Hulu then sell Hula to Universal/Commcast? that makes no sense...
      in the quote you replied to hedrap states that there is speculation that Comcast is interested in buying the Fox stuff that would fit in with Universal like POTA Aliens and Predator. the latter two do not fit in with Disney's image so they will be going somewhere else down the road. the quote also states that: "Antitrust is going to force Disney to sell its majority stake in Hulu once Disney stream hits big. So it goes 75/25 Universal. Disney would then ofload its R titles in the deal and get a huge buyout or else the Hulu library would implode." Reading is Fundamental.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Madcap70
        • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        in the quote you replied to hedrap states that there is speculation that Comcast is interested in buying the Fox stuff that would fit in with Universal like POTA Aliens and Predator. the latter two do not fit in with Disney's image so they will be going somewhere else down the road. the quote also states that: "Antitrust is going to force Disney to sell its majority stake in Hulu once Disney stream hits big. So it goes 75/25 Universal. Disney would then ofload its R titles in the deal and get a huge buyout or else the Hulu library would implode." Reading is Fundamental.
        Wow! missed the point again (As usual) I said why would Disney sell assets like Alien,POTA & Predator to a rival like commcast? Just for the Namor & Hulk rights? Don't think so...
        Last edited by Madcap70; Oct 22, '18, 5:18 PM.

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
          learning all the time
          • Sep 15, 2010

so I just watched the Luke Cage episode with IF. while it was fairly cringeworthy at least SOME of the fighting was ok.
          I'm avoiding season two of IF because I'm still feeling the burn from season one.
          I think that Finn Jones was the WORST possible casting choice and the direction Scott Buck went was laughably awful.
          why take a character based in the mystical just to strip him of it? how can DD have amazing fight choreography while IF was LAME, LAME, LAME???
          (rant over)

OTOH, I did like the Colleen character and you know what else? Luke Cage's Misty had better fight scenes than IF!
          what does it say about those 2 shows when the secondary characters are more interesting and have better choreography than the leads?

Comment

• Brue
            User without title
            • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by C.H.O.A.M.
            so I just watched the Luke Cage episode with IF. while it was fairly cringeworthy at least SOME of the fighting was ok.
            I'm avoiding season two of IF because I'm still feeling the burn from season one.
            I think that Finn Jones was the WORST possible casting choice and the direction Scott Buck went was laughably awful.
            why take a character based in the mystical just to strip him of it? how can DD have amazing fight choreography while IF was LAME, LAME, LAME???
            (rant over)

OTOH, I did like the Colleen character and you know what else? Luke Cage's Misty had better fight scenes than IF!
            what does it say about those 2 shows when the secondary characters are more interesting and have better choreography than the leads?
            The IF crossover episode of Luke Cage was the only bearable episode. Still not good but fun to see. Comic book-y

I skip watched most of the Luke Cage season 2 - it was awful

I know IF season one was not a favorite of many. I thought it was at least OK. The second season is not as good as season one. I am now skip watching it too. Better than LC season 2. JJ season 2 was unwatchable.

3 terrible season 2s
            I wonder if this Netflix Marvel Universe has run its course?

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Brue
              I know IF season one was not a favorite of many. I thought it was at least OK. The second season is not as good as season one. I am now skip watching it too.
              Actually, I too liked season 1 of Ironfist. I got 3 episodes into season 3 and stopped watching it. The storyline was just plain boring...
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎