X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • C.H.O.A.M.
    learning all the time
    • Sep 15, 2010

Originally posted by Hector
    If they ever reboot Iron Fist, please make him a real martial artist actor.
    or Kellan Lutz!

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
      learning all the time
      • Sep 15, 2010

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
      It's unfortunate that the first season was so hard to slog thru. I imagine they didn't get the numbers they hoped for with season 2 as people may have felt burned. I'm assuming, of course.

I enjoyed S2, but I'm ok with those characters making appearances in the other shows. I'm a bit disappointed that he finally got the Iron Fist power in both hands and the mask!!! But perhaps this will make room for other characters. I think Moon Knight could be a good series. I was hoping Shang Chi might show up somewhere. Would Werewolf By Night be too weird for a series?
      I have been hoping/posting about a netflix "Marvel Horror Hour" for a while now... 2 half hour episodes each of WWBN and Man-thing.
      When I last looked into the whole Disney streaming issue, Disney seemed to indicate netflix owns their shows (DD,JJ,LC,Punisher etc) and can make as many of them as they want. Disney also suggested other entities like hulu and fx may keep producing shows that aren't a good fit for the house of mouse... like Moonknight! So, let's keep our fingers crossed!

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Hector
        If they ever reboot Iron Fist, please make him a real martial artist actor.
        Oh yeah, dude was embarrassing to watch. I know that he barely got any time to train but combined with some bad action directing (at least in my eyes) it was so unbelievably lack luster, old episodes of "Kung Fu: The Legend Continues" bad.

What killed season one for me was the episode that RZA directed, the man knows his Shaw Brothers and I had high expectations but for some reason, none of that showed.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• WannabeMego
          Made in the USA
          • May 2, 2003

Canceled...and not surprised one bit.

Hoping they attempt to do 'The Daughters of the Dragon' with Misty Knight & Colleen Wing.

Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

They need to combine Luke Cage & Iron Fist (and maby Jessica Jones) into Heroes For Hire and then add The Daughters Of The Dragon. The Marvel Netfilx shows would never be allowed on Disney streaming, to much blood & swear words. Disney already said they are going leave there Marvel Netflix shows there so why not change up the format.

I think one of the main problem with these shows is there is no costumes. When people want to watch a super-hero show they expect there heroes to wear bright colored outfits fighting supervillains. This was the let down with the early 70's superhero tv shows. No super-villains.
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Nowadays, a hoodie is a costume...

Comment

• MRP
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by MRP
                I wonder how much Disney starting their own streaming service played into the decision too. The Netflix deal was good for Marvel at the time, but I am sure Disney wants to have as much of their IP available for their own streaming service as possible, so I am not so sure more Marvel Netflix shows are in the offing and that the existing shows will end when ratings on them dip or disappoint without much being done to replace them on Netflix. I believe the Netfix deal was for a set period of time initially (i.e. for x number of years) and I doubt it will be extended even though the shows are popular, so Netflix will also only choose to do seasons of the shows that most benefit them during the remainder of the deal.

-M
                Quoting myself to add that news today dropped that now Luke Cage has been cancelled and there won't be a third season, and it did much better in terms of reception and ratings than Iron Fist did, so something seems to be happening withthe Marvel and Netflix deal.

-M
                "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Madcap70
                  • Dec 4, 2017

No big deal now we can get Heroes For Hire...I don't know why people don't see this...

Comment

• hedrap
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by MRP
                    Quoting myself to add that news today dropped that now Luke Cage has been cancelled and there won't be a third season, and it did much better in terms of reception and ratings than Iron Fist did, so something seems to be happening withthe Marvel and Netflix deal.

-M
                    Marvel isn't/wasn't under contractual obligation to give them Heroes For Hire.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Maybe the Marvel stuff is slowly being yanked back to Disney from Netflix. If they announce DD cancelled after the 3rd season then there is something up.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MRP
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 19, 2016

Saw rumors today on Bleeding Cool (so take with a grain of salt) that the behind the scenes buzz at NYCC form show runners of other shows was that actors from the Netflix series were networking looking for roles as they knew nothing beyond Jessica Jones season 3 and Punisher season 2 was coming from Netflix/Marvel and that Disney is looking to pull back the more adult Marvel content shows Netflix has to put not on the Disney streaming service, but on Hulu as they will have 60% stake in Hulu once the Fox acquisition is finalized. Disney is planning on putting all their "R" rated movie content on Hulu not the new Disney streaming and the belief is the more graphic Marvel shows will be earmarked there too. Again its rumors and on Bleeding Cool, so it's all just hearsay andclicknbait most likely, but Bleeding Cool hits on things more often than one might expect for a rumor mongering site.

-M
                        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

That makes perfect sense. The Fox film library has little value to Disney's demo, so Hulu would be a better drop point. That also ties into the speculation Comcast wants to buy the Fox titles that fits Universal Studios branding - Pota, Aliens, Predator etc...

so if Universal buys Warner's 10%, it would be a 60/40 split. Antitrust is going to force Disney to sell its majority stake in Hulu once Disney stream hits big. So it goes 75/25 Universal. Disney would then ofload its R titles in the deal and get a huge buyout or else the Hulu library would implode.

This would also swap the remaining Marvel rights at Uni - Hulk and Namor - back to Marvel.

Comment

• Madcap70
                            • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by hedrap
                            That makes perfect sense. The Fox film library has little value to Disney's demo, so Hulu would be a better drop point. That also ties into the speculation Comcast wants to buy the Fox titles that fits Universal Studios branding - Pota, Aliens, Predator etc...

so if Universal buys Warner's 10%, it would be a 60/40 split. Antitrust is going to force Disney to sell its majority stake in Hulu once Disney stream hits big. So it goes 75/25 Universal. Disney would then ofload its R titles in the deal and get a huge buyout or else the Hulu library would implode.

This would also swap the remaining Marvel rights at Uni - Hulk and Namor - back to Marvel.
                            I don't think Disney/Marvel going to give up all of that just to get Namor & Hulk rights back....And Commcast doesn't have POTA/Aliens & Predator that's Fox/Disney....So where is it written that shows like the netflix shows will not go to the Disney streaming service?

So Disney/Marvel is going to move all of the Netflix show's to Hulu then sell Hula to Universal/Commcast? that makes no sense...
                            Last edited by Madcap70; Oct 22, '18, 2:20 PM.

Comment

• MRP
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Madcap70
                              I don't think Disney/Marvel going to give up all of that just to get Namor & Hulk rights back....And Commcast doesn't have POTA/Aliens & Predator that's Fox/Disney....So where is it written that shows like the netflix shows will not go to the Disney streaming service?

So Disney/Marvel is going to move all of the Netflix show's to Hulu then sell Hula to Universal/Commcast? that makes no sense...
                              Disney has stated that they will keep their streaming service family friendly-nothing R rated and no graphic violence or sex/nudity. The move to Hulu is industry speculation as to what Disney will do with the content they own that will not fit the parameters they are establishing for their streaming service and Hulu makes sense since they own a 60% stake in it after the Fox acquisition. I haven't heard anything about plans to sell stake in Hulu outside of speculation they might have to divest from some of it if a regulatory hearing rules against them, but that remains to be seen. There is already Marvel original content on Hulu (Runaways), so it makes a bit of sense for Disney to shift Marvel content from a competitor (Netflix) to a service they partially own in Hulu. It's all speculation except for the fact that two Marvel series have been cancelled, one of them well received and a ratings success and that no new shows/seasons were announced at the last big platform to do so this year (NYCC). There's a lot of little breadcrumbs hinting at what could happen, but nothing is official yet except the cancellation of Iron Fist and Cage. There has been speculation that it may lead to Daughters of the Dragon or Heroes for Hire on Netflix, but that has been entirely fan speculation without any industry insiders giving credence to it, and what insiders have noticed is the actors form those two series (and other Netflix Marvel series) networking looking for new roles and work, which throw shade on the idea they have more work in the pieline at Netflix for the roles they had in Cage or Fist. If Netflix had plans for those series, they would have locked up their talent to make sure they were available.

-M

Comment

• Madcap70
                                • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by MRP
                                Disney has stated that they will keep their streaming service family friendly-nothing R rated and no graphic violence or sex/nudity. The move to Hulu is industry speculation as to what Disney will do with the content they own that will not fit the parameters they are establishing for their streaming service and Hulu makes sense since they own a 60% stake in it after the Fox acquisition. I haven't heard anything about plans to sell stake in Hulu outside of speculation they might have to divest from some of it if a regulatory hearing rules against them, but that remains to be seen. There is already Marvel original content on Hulu (Runaways), so it makes a bit of sense for Disney to shift Marvel content from a competitor (Netflix) to a service they partially own in Hulu. It's all speculation except for the fact that two Marvel series have been cancelled, one of them well received and a ratings success and that no new shows/seasons were announced at the last big platform to do so this year (NYCC). There's a lot of little breadcrumbs hinting at what could happen, but nothing is official yet except the cancellation of Iron Fist and Cage. There has been speculation that it may lead to Daughters of the Dragon or Heroes for Hire on Netflix, but that has been entirely fan speculation without any industry insiders giving credence to it, and what insiders have noticed is the actors form those two series (and other Netflix Marvel series) networking looking for new roles and work, which throw shade on the idea they have more work in the pieline at Netflix for the roles they had in Cage or Fist. If Netflix had plans for those series, they would have locked up their talent to make sure they were available.

-M
                                I get that but if Disney is forced to sell Hulu at some point (because of Anti-Trust) why would they gut load it with any of their content?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎