Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leave Shatner Alone, Ok?

Images
    Years ago, my wife and young son went to Metropolis, IL for the Superman celebration. We arrived the day before the festivities, and were touring the Superman Museum when I spotted Noel Neil, the first actress to play Lois Lane, and patron saint of the Metropolis event. She was just touring the museum too with a friend/handler/agent, and I was NOT about to go up and bother her. She stopped and talked to our son who was like two or three at the time, and was just as nice as you'd imagine, telling us how cute he was in his Superman shirt. Even then, I didn't say "I KNOW YOU! SIGN THIS!!" or anything like that. I just smiled at her, talked to her like a normal human being, and walked away smiling. I hope I remember to always do that when I encounter famous people out and about. A quick nod and a smile is more than enough, and it's a much more memorable encounter than being herded through a line like cattle for two seconds of non-interaction.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Has anyone else seen the TV show "Better late than never"? Bill Shatner knows his autograph is worth tall paper. Why would/should he just give it away. I've met him over a dozen times at cons and even sat next to him to help with pics while he was signing. That's a long hard job. Some people are rude and ask ridiculous questions. The worst was, "Where do you get your toupees from?" Why in Gods name would a fan ask that. Bill laughed it off with no response. I asked him if that happens often. He replied with "People are people, most of them are sleep walking through life" I've never forgot that and have done my best to stay focused ever since.
    "May fortune favor the foolish"

Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    Years ago, my wife and young son went to Metropolis, IL for the Superman celebration. We arrived the day before the festivities, and were touring the Superman Museum when I spotted Noel Neil, the first actress to play Lois Lane, and patron saint of the Metropolis event. She was just touring the museum too with a friend/handler/agent, and I was NOT about to go up and bother her. She stopped and talked to our son who was like two or three at the time, and was just as nice as you'd imagine, telling us how cute he was in his Superman shirt. Even then, I didn't say "I KNOW YOU! SIGN THIS!!" or anything like that. I just smiled at her, talked to her like a normal human being, and walked away smiling. I hope I remember to always do that when I encounter famous people out and about. A quick nod and a smile is more than enough, and it's a much more memorable encounter than being herded through a line like cattle for two seconds of non-interaction.

Chris
    I saw Cillian Murphy 15 years ago in a Long John Silver's No kidding. He was eating by himself. I recognized him as I was passing by and stopped dead in my tracks...I said "Are you...? He politely nodded. I just smiled and said...Cool. And kept on walking.

Images
    I saw Cillian Murphy 15 years ago in a Long John Silver's No kidding. He was eating by himself. I recognized him as I was passing by and stopped dead in my tracks...I said "Are you...? He politely nodded. I just smiled and said...Cool. And kept on walking.
    That's wild! Even wilder is the fact that he stays that thin and eats at LJS!!!

Has anyone else seen the TV show "Better late than never"? Bill Shatner knows his autograph is worth tall paper. Why would/should he just give it away. I've met him over a dozen times at cons and even sat next to him to help with pics while he was signing. That's a long hard job. Some people are rude and ask ridiculous questions. The worst was, "Where do you get your toupees from?" Why in Gods name would a fan ask that. Bill laughed it off with no response. I asked him if that happens often. He replied with "People are people, most of them are sleep walking through life" I've never forgot that and have done my best to stay focused ever since.
    Wow, what a ****** to ask him that. Good advice from him also. My autograph encounter with Shatner was pleasant but brief. We saw him at the same show later driving outside the con on his own little cart with his entourage in the back. It was cool to see the Captain in charge. We all waved at him and he smiled and waved back. That was better than the autograph.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    agreed. time and place for everything. I remember seeing Nia Peoples at great adventure years ago, when she was actually still a quasi celebrity. I would never have dreamed of bothering her, no matter how gorgeous she was.

Images
    I met him a couple of months ago, and he was downright rude to everyone he met, including myself.
    If you're doing conventions, and charging $90 per autograph, you know that the fans will expect at least some politeness.

I hope that when I'm that age, I'll know when to quit and stay at home drinking margaritas.
    I will always love Kirk (and the portrayal of him by Shatner), my childhood hero, but the actor, that's something else.
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."