Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aquaman trailer

Images
    ^I read that once, but nowhere else.

Combine it with the WW84 stuff and that's a nice move on WB's part. I'm wondering if they're going to try and reposition themselves to takeover SDCC as Disney keeps moving Marvel's reveals to D23.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hedrap View Post
    Exactly. Do people really think Universal isn't willing to sell the rights back? Of course they are. The issue is Marvel doesn't want to pay market value. What's Namor's rights worth now? I'd say 75mil. Marvel doesn't want to pay because it will mean the first Sub-Mariner film might only break even. The real problem is post-Aquaman. If that explodes, Universal could ask 25% over AQ's opening. If it implodes, Subby is a floater.
    As usual, your insight is invigorating.

I wasn't looking at it from Universal's business POV... that they'd be pleased to get some money flowin' as opposed to holding Marvel over a barrel.

There's also the logic that with so many valuable Marvel characters at their disposal that Marvel would try their best not to needlessly invest in a 2nd or 3rd their character if they didn't have to.
    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    Apparently SDCC crowds saw an extended version of the trailer with footage of Mamoa in the classic suit as seen in the statue above and all the toys from the con.

Chris
    I'm surprised and very pleased to see him in the classic suit, I never expected that.
    WANTED: Gray AJ Mustang horse; Dale Arden dagger; Grayson SI trousers; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by huedell View Post
    As usual, your insight is invigorating.

I wasn't looking at it from Universal's business POV... that they'd be pleased to get some money flowin' as opposed to holding Marvel over a barrel.

There's also the logic that with so many valuable Marvel characters at their disposal that Marvel would try their best not to needlessly invest in a 2nd or 3rd their character if they didn't have to.
    And why should Marvel have to pay "market Value" for a property that:

1.Hasn't done anything or been in any way shape or form even mentioned to be made
    2.Universal is still being a ***** for not wanting to make a solo Hulk Film (F Universal sorry)
    3.Universal could make SOMETHING out of this because by doing spider-man deal with the Hulk but Marvel could use him in other films to get around that distribution that universal holds over them...losers

Like Sony that one day will sell all or most of it's properties and Marvel will get Spider-Man back I want Marvel to get ALL of their properties back because they would been done right and they could cross over like the other MCU films and character's do screw Universal I don't give a rat's *** about them me like many others are the one's that will pay the ticket to see the films and buy the merchandise etc. I don't care about petty feuds between studios...fans want a universe like in the comic's where it's ONE shared universe and anyone can pop in because it is one world...that's how it should be

Wait, didn't I see this trailer already...like back when it was the Black Panther trailer...

-M

Images
    I am going to see this.