X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Aquaman trailer

Didn’t see one posted here...so here it goes...

It looks amazing...
    sigpic
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Holy mackerel!!
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Makernaut
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 22, 2015

A must see!!

Comment

• filmation batman fan
        The Man of Many Voices
        • Aug 30, 2005

I love it!! I can't wait to see it!! This is my must see movie of the year. I just pray that Aquaman will be successful and pardon the bad pun, won't jump the shark, under perform and continue to be a joke in the DCU. Keeping my fingers crossed and my money saved for December 21st.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

The DCU/DC Comics hasn't made Aquaman a joke. Comedians and reductionist fans did that.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

This is also a must-“sea” () movie for me on the big screen, as well. I watched the trailer last night on my big screen at home and the visuals looked absolutely stunning, plus Momoa is really winning me over with his take on the character. This is, by far, one of the more comics-accurate films I’ve seen of late; Black Manta looks like he just stepped off the page! Who knows, this could be DC’s “BLACK PANTHER” and, if the trailer is any indication, will be a shoe-in for a VFX Oscar nod.
            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

The film is also making a nod to the comics idea of the twin Atlantean cities of Poseidonis and Tironis and the rogue colony of Queen Clea. In the film, there are Twelve Kindoms and one is ruled by the merman Fisher King. In mainstream continuity, Tritonis is home to mer-people.

I hope Vulko is included. I have a feeling we'll have lots of Easter eggs.

I'll probably never be completely comfortable with Momoa, but he's growing on me and it's all exciting.

Comment

• Marvelmania
                A Ray of Sunshine
                • Jun 17, 2001

I'll see it because I'm a superhero junkie but all of DC's movies have the same visual darkness. Looking forward to Shazam much more.

Comment

• hedrap
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  I hope Vulko is included. I have a feeling we'll have lots of Easter eggs.
                  Willum Dafoe

Once Wan jumped on, I knew this would be big.

Namor is a dead property. I think Universal knew that, which is why they wanted the Fox licenses. With FF and X-Men, they had "fish out of water" options (take that pun) that don't exist as a standalone concept.
                  Last edited by hedrap; Jul 22, '18, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Everything you could want in an Aquaman film, right there. So very excited for this!

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Madcap70
                      • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by hedrap
                      Namor is a dead property. I think Universal knew that, which is why they wanted the Fox licenses.
                      No it's not it's just that they don't know what do do with it they should sell it back to Marvel and they won't...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

looks fantastic. looking forward to seeing it

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Madcap70
                          No it's not it's just that they don't know what do do with it they should sell it back to Marvel and they won't...
                          Yeah. That's all sorts of wrong.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                            Permanent Member
                            • Sep 15, 2014

I've been cautiously optimistic about this film. But I have to say this trailer hits all the right spots for me as a fan of the character.
                            An underwater adventure story isn't as played out as other genres and I think this delight alot of fans.

I'm pretty happy about this right now.

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

Wow! It feels so good to look at a DC property and be completely pumped. This looks amazing. Can't wait to see it! AND it's Aquaman to boot. Loving it.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎