• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Behind the Scenes: Hong Kong Action Figure Collectibles Industry

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • Starroid Raiders Dagon
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 28, 2013

I have to make it over to Hong Kong and mainland China some day. I would love to see some of these operations and meet the people in person. My mind is blown at the artistry and skill that goes into these figures. I dont think I could ever bring myself to spend that kind of money, but it is great to see a market for them.

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
      I have to make it over to Hong Kong and mainland China some day. I would love to see some of these operations and meet the people in person. My mind is blown at the artistry and skill that goes into these figures. I dont think I could ever bring myself to spend that kind of money, but it is great to see a market for them.
      I really missed a golden opportunity when I was there last, family obligations meant I did not having enough time to hook up with my friend who has been working for a few of the toy companies, including the HK branch of Bandai, and Marvel's China division.
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• drquest
        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
        • Apr 17, 2012

I found the video pretty interesting.
        Danny(Drquest)
        Captain Action HQ
        Retro shirts and stuff
        More retro shirts
        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
          Persistent Member
          • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by samurainoir
          I really missed a golden opportunity when I was there last, family obligations meant I did not having enough time to hook up with my friend who has been working for a few of the toy companies, including the HK branch of Bandai, and Marvel's China division.
          I like how clean all their workstations are! I imagine it must be a tough industry with a lot of great stuff competing for hard earned dollars. Hopefully that opportunity will come up again for you in the future!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎